does it make a difference....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
does it make a difference in my vacuum if I run the 2.5 inch hose as close to the door as I can then run the 2 inch into the house....or could I get the same vacuum with just hooking an adaptor to the filter box and running the 2 inch all the way.......

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5080.jpg

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you are gonna run the 2" Y off the filter than 50' of 2.5"

100' of 2.5" if you have a 200' hose run

the Thermal Wave has good vacuum

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Noone has one of those hg meters that they can test this on?. Everythin I've heard here was to go as far as possible with the 2.5 but I donn't think it's been tested.

Albert

Ryan

With all do respect Jim... You really think 6 inches of 2.5 is going to help that much?

L

Lumber Jack

Jim,
I have done testing on the 2.5 vrs 42door. The 2.5 is just a little under the 42dr. You need to run 2.5 to the door or at least 50'. This is what I have come up with over the last year, if your at 14hgs and you run 2.0 you are going to feel a little lag time for the vacuum to get to get to max. What I have noticed is with 42dr your vac seem to be faster less restriction inside the hose so the air or vac is achieved faster, a little slower with 2.5, but the the bottom line is what your vac or relief is set at.
But 4" of 2.5 is going to do nothing for you, just run 2.0 if that is all the 2.5 your going to use.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Jim;

There is much less restriction in 2.5" hose.

It has 56% more area to flow CFM, compared to 2" hose.

Each 50' of 2.5" will give you more lift at the wand,

which determines the CFM of air thru the carpet fibers.

The short adapter will do nothing.

Every 50' of 2.5" will increase airflow.

Larry

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Ryan said:
With all due respect Jim... You really think 6 inches of 2.5 is going to help that much?
Lumber Jack said:
But 4" of 2.5 is going to do nothing for you, just run 2.0 if that is all the 2.5 your going to use.
Larry Cobb said:
The short adapter will do nothing. Larry

Guys, I don't think Jim is expecting any gain from the short piece of 2.5", I believe his tank connection is 2.5" and he has to reduce it down to 2" if he's going to run just 2" hose.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
dgardner said:
Ryan said:
With all due respect Jim... You really think 6 inches of 2.5 is going to help that much?
Lumber Jack said:
[quote="Larry Cobb":2yt6my5u]The short adapter will do nothing. Larry

Guys, I don't think Jim is expecting any gain from the short piece of 2.5", I believe his tank connection is 2.5" and he has to reduce it down to 2" if he's going to run just 2" hose.[/quote:2yt6my5u]

exactly......I made this little reducer because I have a few places that less then 75 ft of 2 inch hose is way more then enough to reach and get the job done and then I was still had to pull my 2.5 off to hook up to the filter box.....most my typical runs are 50 foot of 2.5 and then 75 foot of 2 inch.....so I was wondering if the reducer would give me the same performance for the long runs and just use 2 inch all the way ........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom