Does it really matter

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Does it really matter to you what kind of person you buy stuff from?

If you want a chem from some guy and you find out he beats his children, do you still give him your money?

If you want a tool from some guy but you watch him taking two hookers to his room at Connections, when you know he is married, do you buy the tool?

This whole Josh thing has made me think " what is morally right to some means nothing to others."

I am just wondering what you all think?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I would like to say it matters, but it all comes down to price sometimes. Child molester of course not. wife beater, not sure. I dont beat my wife but sometimes her mouth makes me wanna! LOL

Ryan

I could care less about a persons personal life.

Well.. beating their kids is a little extreeme...

Do any of you really know anybody in the industry that beats their kids? I think you should report that not stop buying crap from them.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
AdamHale said:

If you want a chem from some guy and you find out he beats his children, do you still give him your money?

If you want a tool from some guy but you watch him taking two hookers to his room at Connections, when you know he is married, do you buy the tool?

This whole Josh thing has made me think " what is morally right to some means nothing to others."

What a man does in his personal life is of no concern to me as long as he is honest in his dealings with his customers. There is no law in taking two women into your hotel room. The guy could be chillin with some friends he made. Whatever. None of my (or your) business. As for beating his kids; that term has lost it's meaning in this age of molly coddling little brats who really need a whooping. My father used to disipline me and my brothers pretty good. There's nothing wrong with that.

Name
Nate W.
We go out of our way to not deal with a local dealer/distributor even though they have the product we need. It all comes down to Principle and character in my book. The whole do me wrong the first time, shame on you. Do it twice, shame on me. If you knownly know there a dishonest person and you treat them as an honest person, shame on you.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I do not buy fom people who behave in a manner that makes me not trust them.
Sooner or later I always seem to think I was screwed in that deal. Especially in the service area wether I was or not.
None of my clients would use my service if they even thought I did that.

-JB-

Name
JB
I TRY to deal with people of integrity, period.

I'll give someone a chance once, maybe even twice if I felt they handled the "situation" the only way they could, or knew how to.

BUT as soon as they LIE to me (and I caught them) their done, finnne, kaput, dead to me.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Yes. It's called "character & integity". If someone looses their temper and abused someone else it speaks volumes about his character. If he cheats on his wife what makes you think he doesn't cheat his customers. Integrity, you either have it or you don't. To the best of my knowlegde and ability I will not do buisness people or companies who show lack of character & integrity.

Name
Ron lippold
our local interlink guy crs is one of thoses guys that will look at you smile and then stab you in the back. He has customer appreation days and keeps the goods and then sells them out the back door, if you speak spanish you are in luck. I have seen that happen twice. Also cash and meet him by the back door.

I will not buy anything from him or interlink unless things change.

Integrity is # 1 in my book.

dont have it you better start over.

bonesheal

If I'm shopping for a widget by price, then it doesn't really matter to me and I'm definitely not going to do any due diligence in investigating someone's character. If I'm going to be working with someone, or depending on their support, or need them to back up their products, then yes, it matters a lot. People's messy personal lives will eventually spill over into their business lives, and I might be the one affected.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

If there is a viable option yes. I do all I can to support those that are "like minded" life is to short to be supporting liars,cheats and hucksters. The flip side -sometimes you have no choice. I wish I had some other choices that I could make in my buisness but some of the poeple I buy from are really the only viable option and they know it and they use it to squeeze everything they can for themselves. I am all for capitalism but extortion is still extortion.

Mikey P

Administrator
bonesheal said:
If I'm shopping for a widget by price, then it doesn't really matter to me and I'm definitely not going to do any due diligence in investigating someone's character. If I'm going to be working with someone, or depending on their support, or need them to back up their products, then yes, it matters a lot. People's messy personal lives will eventually spill over into their business lives, and I might be the one affected.

and yet he participates on ***...

plan on getting affected.

Bjorn

I will buy with you, sell with you, talk with you, walk with you, and so following; but I will not eat with you, drink with you, nor pray with you.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Shane T said:
Ryan said:
Well while we're on this topic guys lol.

http://morecfm.com/store/product_info.p ... 2f48841e74

TI wands for $399. Tempting... anybody ordered one of these?

Just curious, does anyone know who this is? I see at the bottom of the page the copywrite is owned by TurboTeck Supplies. Is there any connection to the now defunct tm manufacture by the similar name?

It's the man who wrote the book on integrity, Ken Harris.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Art Kelley said:
Shane T":7sr40axf][quote=Ryan]Well while we're on this topic guys lol. [url="http://morecfm.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=204&osCsid=94f7936d53a53cf69e5aaa2f48841e74 said:
http://morecfm.com/store/product_info.p ... 2f48841e74[/url]

TI wands for $399. Tempting... anybody ordered one of these?

Just curious, does anyone know who this is? I see at the bottom of the page the copywrite is owned by TurboTeck Supplies. Is there any connection to the now defunct tm manufacture by the similar name?

It's the man who wrote the book on integrity, Ken Harris.[/quote:7sr40axf]

Was Ken Harris involved with Turbo Tech truckmounts back in the 80's?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
yes it does

Joe Bristor is morecfm.com, some guy on ICS was looking for Joe. I sent him to the cfm site. A few days later I get a thank you e mail from Joe wanting to give me a free glide. I declined.

Art Kelley said:
My father used to disipline me and my brothers pretty good. There's nothing wrong with that.
[/quote]
There's a difference between discipline and beating the *(&^ outta your kids. If I know they're beating their kids I wouldn't spend a dime with them and would turn them in in a heartbeat.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Business is business. I would rather support vendors I like but not if they don’t have the best price / value. Hell, Hate Wal-Mart but shop there all the time. If it’s a service based purchase then yes it comes down to trust more than then price.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom