does phoenix inflate their dehu ####'s???

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have run phoenix 200 max's for the last few years as my front line dehu, recently I bought a used drieaz 2000 LGR, the ratings for the phoenix are considerably higher for AHAM specs than the drieaz unit, the drieaz is more CFM, however the AHAM number is the real indicator, this weekend I had the guys set the drieaz unit, I was surprised to see that job was in a very good state of drying after 2 days with GPP readings in the lower 40's. a quick test of the output air showed a 10 GPP drop below what was observed in the home perfect conditions. I don't think the phoenix units could perform this well if they were used on this job. anyone own both these dehus observed the same thing??

LeeCory

I own Phoenix 200 HT dehu's....

And I have done jobs with both the HT and the Drieaz 2000 and observed the 2000 pulled more water every day.

After many jobs with the same result I am thinking that my next dehu's may be the Drieaz.

I would also like to know why this is...

steve g

Name
steve garrett
a few years back I heard barry costa suggest there was a manufacturer that exaggerated their specs, I guess we now know which company he was talking about. whats crazy is the phoenix 200 HT is actually rated at even higher AHAM than the 200 max, its rated for 30 more pints/day, which is 27% more than a LGR 2000, that is a pretty big discrepancy in ratings, the actual real ratings could be off even more. especially if you and I have noticed a significant difference in on the job performance. I will check these units again to see what I come up with, hopefully I can test them both on the same job site soon. if results repeat themselves, I am going to ask phoenix why they are lieing about the ratings.

both units have advantages and disadvantages, I hate the filtering setup on the drieaz, good lord why can't they use a plain ole filter like the phoenix unit does. I also prefer rolling up the cord and hose and placing inside the lid of the phoenix, the phoenix use a metal rectangular ring to mount ducting to, this means its easier to use plain lay flat ducting thats cheap, instead of over priced drieaz proprietary stuff.

the drieaz offers better performance and a more robust rotomolded housing

LeeCory

If I can, I discharge my water into 5 gallon water jugs so I can monitor how much is being pulled. I put the jug into another container to catch overflow.

The first time I came in and found the Drieaz to have more water than the Phoenix I thought "what the crap". While I like seeing all the water, I was bothered that the 2000 outperformed my machines. I wondered if placement in the area had any affect so I made sure each machine had equal positioning. Time after time the Drieaz 2000 had about 30% more water in the bucket. I had the exact same result on every job I've used both machines.

I would like to try the new Dri-Eaz high temp machine.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I use both the Phoenix 200HT and the Drieaz 2000, both good dehumidifiers. You can't dispute the bucket test ,if one is pulling more water then it is doing a better job in that situation.

However it is important to point out that the HT can direct more air over the condenser to help reach dew point and less air over the evaporator using the magnetic strip. This can skew the readings because all the moist intake air is not going over the evaporator coils. Perhaps less performance at 70 to 80 degrees is the cost of enhanced performance at higher temperatures. I would also be interested in the results of a bucket test between the new Drieaz vs. the 2000 and the Phoenix HT.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kevin I think you're correct about the HT, it will pull more at the higher ranges.

We've got mostly Drieaz equipment, but I would have no problem using the Phoenix equipment. For years many in the industry have said it was the Phoenix that pulled more. ???

I know we can dry effectively with either and we simply choose to buy Drieaz. I like the rotomold look better than stainless steel.

Back
Top Bottom