Does porcelain tile need to be sealed?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Im at my new home in Thailand.
I'm sure I need to seal the grout in the bathrooms and floors and granite counter top; but does the porcelain tile need to be sealed also?
20191216_073214.jpg20191216_091920.jpg20191217_070338.jpg20191217_070725.jpg20191217_070808.jpg15765418634647564308976313687573.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
  • Haha
Reactions: Papa John
F

FB7777

What kind of third world bathroom is that ?

are you supposed to shower and shit at the same time?

Reactions: Jimmy L

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
What kind of third world bathroom is that ?

are you supposed to shower and shit at the same time?
Thats the style in Thailand and I admire its simplicity.
The sprayer next to toilet is a poor man's bidet. We dont use toilet paper, because thats just 3rd world.😉
The rectangular thing next to showerhead is an on-demand water heater- cost less the $100. The whole bathroom basically gets cleaned multiple times a day.
The sink is across from the toilet- out of view in the photo.
Wood is expensive in Thailand.
The roof is welded steel beams with insulated fiberglass shingles.
20190919_100123.jpg
The support pillers and floor are made of cement and steel.
As a former cement slave, I was impressed with their steel tying.20190524_000933.jpg

Name
Jeff T
The sprayer next to toilet is a poor man's bidet. We dont use toilet paper, because thats just 3rd world.😉
The rectangular thing next to showerhead is an on-demand water heater- cost less the $100. The whole bathroom basically gets cleaned multiple times a day.
View attachment 95644
As a former cement slave, I was impressed with their steel tying.View attachment 95646
When do you move ther full time?

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Might think about getting that toe a friggin hat it’s so big and it looks like it’s winking at Damon

I had to have my toe nail removed and thats how it grew back. My leg was in a cast when my dad accidentally stepped on my big toe with the heel of his shoe!

• Wow
Reactions: FredC
F

FB7777

View attachment 95644
As a former cement slave, I was impressed with their steel tying.View attachment 95646
Congrats John!

My brother-in-law built a home in the Azores of Similar construction except its 2 stories with bedrooms upstairs

Those propane on demand water heaters are very efficient to operate

you’ll need to take up fishing ,sailing or farming if you live there. When I visit my BIL we tend to go to the Cafes which are on nearly every street corner and drink our way out of boredom

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
John, Where do you put the fridge? Looking at the picture of the kitchen, I couldn't figure it out. I like the floors.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
High gloss Porcelain has a "baked" on (in a kiln) glaze that is like glass. It does not need sealing (a waste of money).

Nice place John.
If boredom kicks in after eight days, maybe you should consider:

1576594986547.png

You're definitely in the right country for it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
High gloss Porcelain has a "baked" on (in a kiln) glaze that is like glass. It does not need sealing (a waste of money).

Nice place John.
If boredom kicks in after eight days, maybe you should consider:

View attachment 95653

You're definitely in the right country for it.

Finally someone answered my question. Lol
Thats what I thought.
Boy was it a challenge to find a sealer. They could grasp the need to seal stone or grout.
I would have preferred a penetrating sealer. But hopefully the stuff I ended up with will work. I'd post a photo of it but the lable is in Thai. I'll test in a small area of bathroom first.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Unless... it's the currently trendy matte finish. Every fingerprint or oily spot will look darker, so sealing is needed. The industry has caught up and now you can find sealers made specifically for "microfractured" tile.

Back
Top Bottom