Does the 360i bog down on dense carpet?

Name
Steve Lawrence
Any other problems you care to share?

Also, is it a decent machine for cleaning tile and grout? How close to edges does it clean? Do the brushes get into the grout line?

steampro

Name
Ryan
Steve Lawrence said:
Any other problems you care to share?

Also, is it a decent machine for cleaning tile and grout? How close to edges does it clean? Do the brushes get into the grout line?

Ive been wondering the same thing. If it does a good job of scrubbing grout it would save me a lot of time. Also, has anyone used the head with the carpet brush? Does it help with restaurants and nasties?

Mikey P

Administrator
have not experienced that yet.

but there are some streaking issues on thick piles that you'll have to develop a figure eight pattern in your movements in order to not create 5 inch think "extra clean" lines that a side to side motion can get you.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Mikey,
What is creating the 5" wide super clean lines? Seems the whole circle should be getting the same cleaning action no matter which way you guide it. That's how the RX cleans and I don't understand why 360i should be any different.

Mikey P

Administrator
I believe/theorize that the jets are too close to the carpet. The original (and glideless) Ti wand would streak carpets similarly for the same reason.

I asked them to make a beta head using the jet placement that the Tile head uses to see if I am right.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Yes the head will bog a little on thick pile. The brush head is terrible for carpet and will bog the head down to a stop.

I love the machine but a little more powerful motor would be better.

lance

If the jets are too close why not replace them with ones that have a wider angle? That's what Jeff did to the Greenhorn when he put extenders on them......110 degrees instead of 95

Mike Draper

I mentioned the streaking issue to them 2-3 years ago, haven't fixed it yet. Still a damn good machine though. there is a perfect tool for all jobs, but not 1 perfect tool for ever carpet. BTW, the CGD squares that you see in some stores, well the rV-360i cleans this better than any thing else out there and Ive tried every thing on them. The squares have their pile going each and every way so you don't have to worry about pile distortion.

Mikey P

Administrator
Draper, have you seen how they bring the V jets in from behind on the Tile heads?

It may raises the whole head a bit but I'm pretty sure that's the issue here.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Mike, those cgd squares you talk about, are they Olefin. ??

Thanks.

shiteatinggrin

Name
Nate W.
Mike Draper said:
the CGD squares are nylon. No, I haven't seen that on the tile head.

I've seen the tile head at JonDon in Seattle. It might work, but then I thought doesn't the tile head sit further away from the base of the machine? I don't think the suction will pick up through the carpet head. It might have clearance issues unless they extend the head to have the plumbing on the inside of the head.

Mikey P

Administrator
back to the streaking issue..

if they could recces the jets like they do on the tile tool..

662446192_photobucket_10990_.jpg

662446192_photobucket_10989_.jpg

B

Bill G. Martin

I have had my 360i for almost nine months. Any sreaking issues I have had have been related to a stopped/clogged jet.

Bill in central Florida

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, the jets look cattywompus to me.

They should be positioned like a regular wand...at an angel and direct toward the lips....seems like common sense to me.

The jets need to shear the carpet and then be extracted immediately....right?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom