DOES the carept really know or care if you have

Rex Tyus

NOW I understand. Cooper is ANOTHER one of Odin's alter egos. I knew no one was really that obtuse.

ODIN said:
a 59 or 6 blower with double heat exchangers and 23 inches of lift and 1500 psi at the wand?

Does the carpet really know or care?

I don't think so

wow just 300 cfms 10 inches of lift 230 at the wand @350 psi

th_OFFICE1003.jpg

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g228/ ... CE1004.flv

ANTIVORTEX002.jpg

ANTIVORTEX003.jpg

Thats my point the carpet dont care its a small fiber...fookin duh....the black pajama, tin foil cult dosent think so...plus your shhhett paid for and it works, mo money brother.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Bigger blowers are good for the ego.

But I have a puny 56 roots.

G

Those guys that have been cleaning for years know its the guy behind the wand thats gonna make it work . Nice job , and a portable no less - just goes to show you you can do a great job without a having a house mortgage sized tm payment .

Those guys that have been in the business for many years and swear that the vortex cleans better , all I can say is its obvious the years have taken its toll on them and they HAVE to have the vortex to do a decent job.

Rex Tyus

ODIN said:
your wand only can handle so much cfm so the 800 cfm most of it is by-passed

So how many hgs can a wand handle before it collapses? That would be the determining factor of "handling" cfms no?

G

ODIN said:
depends

you have a few things going on something called a constant and a variable

any system is going to by-pass non usable cfm and lift

regardless how big a motor or blower you have and how fast you spin it your only going to get so much cfm and lift

from a 2 inch or 2 1/2 inch vacuum line. and the wand carpet interface

T
dang , somebody been doing there homework

Able 1

Name
Keith
And he's runnin' 2.5 hose :shock: .. You would think he was some kind of engineer or something...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Rex Tyus said:
ODIN said:
your wand only can handle so much cfm so the 800 cfm most of it is by-passed

So how many hgs can a wand handle before it collapses? That would be the determining factor of "handling" cfms no?

The wand that came with my truckmount collapsed at 14Hg's and slapped shut completely except for two little parts on either end that it whistled through.

Rex Tyus

ODIN said:
depends

regardless how big a motor or blower you have and how fast you spin it your only going to get so much cfm and lift

T

I am looking for a number. I keep reading "only so much" so how much?

ps. please explain what the hell non usable LIFT is.

ODIN said:
depends

T

OMG the black pajama-tin foil cult will be on suicide watch now.

Rex Tyus

I understand non useable cfm as the way I understand it the "non"usable part is entering through the vac releif. The lift however, (as I understand it) for our application is a tolerence figure. If you don't consume it in the system or in the hose run it becomes "available" lift and will be there for those spray n vac foam patches we run into. Now far be it for an ignorant redneck rug sucker like my self to question a well edjumacated ingineer like your self, BUT I am still looking for the number? If we shouldn't worry about having big blowers or high lift it would seem logical to know at point it was truly overkill. :?

I do understand the spinning the wheels idea. I certainly understand the failure occuring at the weakest point. Even with a glide you can get lockdown at a certain point. But to say you will only get "so much" is pretty vague. You are sounding more like a counter guru. Peak effeciency I agree with but WHAT IS IT?

Name
Jesse
Having 10hg's and 300 cfms is why the wand doesn't recapture much of the steam cloud. I bet 4-5 more hg's and there be enough cfms going through the wand to see a difference. Now I know were not extracting steam from the air, but it illustrates the power difference at the wand.

None the less, nice set up. I would have killed for that yesterday while I was using our cobra 500.

Rex Tyus

I would like to know how much "only so much" is. What would be the point of deminishing return?

Name
Kevin McCreary
ODIN said:
OK YOU WIN A BAR OF FELS NAPTHA AND A COLOUR REPAIR KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU sir are one of the most intelligent carpet cleaners alive today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I all ready knew that but thanks anyway!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Kevin McCreary said:
ODIN said:
OK YOU WIN A BAR OF FELS NAPTHA AND A COLOUR REPAIR KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU sir are one of the most intelligent carpet cleaners alive today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I all ready knew that but thanks anyway!

Send me his fels naptha and the box of crayolas.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I got free crayons at Applebees last night you can have, and the felsnaptha
is sitting by my 93 year old grandmothers washing machine.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Let me put it this way

if you put a v8 on a lawn mower will it cut the grass any better than a lawn tractor with a 25 Honda

no but it will be able to cut taller grass without bogging down and would throw the grass farther out the side chute, probably be better able to lift wet grass up and into a hopper untill things get chocked up with wet grass(plugged filter)

Name
Kevin McCreary
I have come to the conclusion that electric truckmounts and portables

are for people that don't want to make a serious commitment to cleaning residential carpets.

Not that there is anything wrong with them I have cleaned carpets with a workmaster

electric/propane truckmount before and it did an acceptable job, however its not

very efficient in the power or set up tear down category. The amount of fuel you save

is nothing compared to the amount of production you gain burning a little fuel. I suppose

if your a part timer or only do 200-300 jobs a year it might be all right if you don't mind

fooling with propane fill ups, power cords, vac boosters, blown circuits, people bitching about using their power and the

occasional job with no power. I just don't see how you could be taken seriously? Its just more professional

to show up on the job with everything you need like your own water and power. I would be pissed if a builder showed

up at my home to do a job and asked to borrow my hammer.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Oh and by the way ODIN this is not a jab at you it looks like you make

a pretty nice machine. Just not for everyone. I would have to have 2 of them and more techs

to do the same amount of work I can do with burning some fuel.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Kevin said:

I have come to the conclusion that electric truckmounts and portables

are for people that don't want to make a serious commitment to cleaning residential carpets.
Some of the machines you mentioned that you tried, have been improved and re-designed, and are the ones on the market today.

I can assure you there has been a huge improvement in some electrics available within today's market, that will keep up with some of the biggest TM's out there, as far as production and mobility.

Back
Top Bottom