Dog crap on wool carpet....I need help

DevilDog

This is driving me crazy. A clients dog crapped in three spots on a wool carpet of theirs. They attempted to clean it up using water and Woolite. They did not help it much!!

The problem is....I have gotten it to look about 50% better but it is still quite noticeable.

No matter what I have done....this thing will not come out.

Any suggestions?

DevilDog

The Preacher

30 volume and if it removes some color just mix up a dye bath and recolor it!!!

PS ain't GAry Heacock in debt to you for something???

DevilDog

NOPE!! Not Gary. You would really go with 30 volume on this? I was going to use HP but not that strong.

Guess I can try it in some smaller spots.

DevilDog

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Surgery.

What color are the spots now? Food coloring could be the stain left behind, and Woolite is famous for leaving a permanent yellow discoloration. Don't take ownership of the spots by getting too creative.

If you use strong peroxide, you WILL damage the wool. It may not be immediately apparent (so you'll likely get away with it if that's your M. O.) but the wool in those areas will felt, yellow, and wear faster than the rest of the carpet. If the customer is sharp, you'll buy the carpet.

TimP

What about a protein spotter would that be worse the HP? What all have you done so far?

DevilDog

General spotter, protein spotter, 10 volume HP

Regular pre-spray (Matrix Grand Slam)

Looks a lot better but I think it could be even better.

Toughest crap stain I have ever worked on.

DevilDog

A

Alan Wirth

Pet Stain

I clean a lot of oriental carpets and I tell the customer that I'll do my best but i sure won't promise a lot. I'm interested to see if you have any luck.

Good luck,
Alan Wirth

DevilDog

Hmmmm, after those comments...I am not sure rust remover is the right thing to do!!!

LOL.

DevilDog

DevilDog

Well, at this point I pretty much want to throw gasoline on it and take a match to it!!

DevilDog

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom