Dog Hair and Diamonds

Tahoesteve

Found a diamond earring(about 3/4 carot) in my vaccuum today...could be from any of my last 4 jobs. What to do?

and...

What's a good vaccuum for dog hair? Been pre-vaccuuming with my old Hoover residential model but I still see hair after extracting. Time to upgrade. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Steve

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
If you're willing to do lot's of filter maintenance, get the Bissel Powerforce bagless. Buy lot's of extra filters and just clean them all once a week. Lot's of suck on that machine.

I like the Dyson for when I'm lazy and don't want to maintain.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have always used the purple Dyson and it has always done a great job on animal hair...............

G

I think you know what needs to be done about the diamond. You narrowed it down to 4 jobs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
$49 bucks at Wally-Mart

Bissel Powerforce baggless
Trust me

On a dog house, you'll probably have to empty the cup a couple times or more per ROOM.
And you DO have to empty the cup often or hair will get stuffed in the vortex wind thingy.
But you'll pull more hair with it than any vac.
Carry a little white trash can liner to empty the dust cup often.
You'll FILL a ten gal trash can liner on many jobs with dogs in the house

Don't bother getting the more expensive Bissel.
It won't last any longer or suck any better

..L.T.A.

G

The Sanitaire won at mifeyfest. I use one. Get the one with the dust-cup, instead of the bag.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Dog Hair

You all are going to laugh, but I groom the carpet first (taller nap) and then I use an old US Products Mongoose. It's a bugger to find bags for, but it just works. It almost works like a pile-lifter. They don't make them anymore but you can still find them if you ask the specialty vacuum shop. (You can literally suck up a 3/8" wrench with this vacuum, it spits it right into the bag. Pens, pencils, gerbils, you name it! The thing won't clog!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom