boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I have tried:

Vacuum, whittaker scrub with O2 and quat, clean with the AT

Reclean LR DR FR with Odorcide dwell of 30 mins

Hydroxyl machine for 4 days

Fog 1 gal of odorcide mixed at 8oz over a 2 consecutive days

End result: clean carpet with very little change in dog odor (not urine). All walls have been painted, a/c has been cleaned as well as air ducts. It is the strongest smelling dog smell that I have ever smelled.

What next??

boazcan said:
I have tried:

Vacuum, whittaker scrub with O2 and quat, clean with the AT

Reclean LR DR FR with Odorcide dwell of 30 mins

Hydroxyl machine for 4 days

Fog 1 gal of odorcide mixed at 8oz over a 2 consecutive days

End result: clean carpet with very little change in dog odor (not urine). All walls have been painted, a/c has been cleaned as well as air ducts. It is the strongest smelling dog smell that I have ever smelled.

What next??

4 oz of 02 per-spray and 2 oz of Quat-a-lot to one gallon of water this will give you over 7000 PPM of disinfectant.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
there is a skin disease that dogs get that can cause a bad odor. in these cases we use the roto vac to clean. i usually pretreat with my usual cleaner booster with roxy (40 vol. ) and we rinse it with our normal rinse also boosted with roxy. always works, altleast so far.

gene

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I don't normally like doing this, but try some 30 or 40 volume in with a light prespray.

EDIT. I see Gene and I are on the same wave length.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
That would be a yeast infection. You might suggest the owner feed a very low carb diet, it helps immensely with yeast, which does cause the dog to have a bad odor.

Take care,
Lisa

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
are you "sure" it's not urine??

a few years ago we had a similar situation on a condo we rehabed .

Typical "dog smell" , not urine..I was "sure" of that.
Not stains, carpet in great shape...just dog dander smell...that we couldn't get rid of

I finally disengaged the carpet, pulled it back...and sho-nuff..urine
We had to pull a substantial amount of pad in the living room to finally correct the problem

It did NOT smell like urine

..L.T.A.

G

Gnu

Did you just encap? or did you actually use hwe of any sort? That would make a differance in itself..
One sure way to get the dog stench out. Sad but works like magic in this type of case. Borax and baking soda solution. Even if its dog piss. It will knock it and cat piss out for good.
I get alot of people who dont want to pay for the urine removal. So...for my own nostril health and since I dont want to goto the next custy smelling like piss.. costs about $3

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Get your self a gallon or two of Masterblend AntiAllergen Deoderizer and a full face respirator. Put the deoderizer straight into your hydroforce and spray it very liberally. Let it dwell for atleast 4 to 5 hours up to 8 if you can. Reclean with Les's suggestion. If you have odor after that.. the carpet and pad need replaced, subfloor sealed, and possibly the air ducts cleaned out and furnace filters replaced.

Walt

Hoody said:
I don't normally like doing this, but try some 30 or 40 volume in with a light prespray.

A lot of guys do this regularly. Why would you hesitate? Just curious.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Probably because on the wrong carpet, or in certain situations, poof there goes the spot.. poof, there goes the color.. and poof there goes the carpet!?! :twisted:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Walt said:
Hoody said:

There are a lot of green thumbs that read the boards. And products like those should be used with great care, or real damage can occur(what sweeney said). The other side is since they're intended use is for dyeing hair(when buying it from Sallys). In the event of an accident, not having an MSDS sheet for it could result in big problems. I do understand there are some supplies that sell it, in properly labeled bottles, and can provide you with MSDS sheets.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I Don't buy from Sallys, I use the real stuff from my supplier. it's way stronger then Sallys and comes with the correct labeling. I pay 17 a gallon.

We used it today on a nasty dog carpet. We started with 4 cups to 3 gallons of prespray. treated heavy scrubbed and then rinsed with Vacaways new red intensity . it turned out great, the smell was gone. the only complaint was my tech put his hands on the carpet when cleaning the stairs. rookie mistake.

gene

Walt

Hoody said:
Walt said:
Hoody said:

There are a lot of green thumbs that read the boards. And products like those should be used with great care, or real damage can occur(what sweeney said). The other side is since they're intended use is for dyeing hair(when buying it from Sallys). In the event of an accident, not having an MSDS sheet for it could result in big problems. I do understand there are some supplies that sell it, in properly labeled bottles, and can provide you with MSDS sheets.

Good point. I hesitate to recommend it. But I don't hesitate to use in in the right situation.

Back
Top Bottom