Dog pee on mattress....

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have a stop on monday, dog peed on there bed, any help here
would be great! Thanks in advance. :)

TimP

Unless you're a mattress salesman......good luck. :lol:

I know of no way to remove the odor from a mattress if it's gone deep into the mattress. Not to say it's not possible to remove it.

Otherwise mix up your best urine smell remover and soak it down.....then extract with a hose cuff. Or if you're feeling daring pull out your waterclaw and get up on the bed and claw it..... :eek:

Seriously, I don't know what to tell you cause I don't get into them. I have told people there isn't a way to get rid of the odor, however I can help it some. There are probably some good ideas on the board. There is a point of replacement is the best option. Obviously if it's just on the surface and only happened one time or at least from a small dog and not a huge one, then it shouldn't be too bad of a fix. Deodorize, dwell, extract. Then H2O2 to remove the remaining color....and maybe top it off with some more deodorizer for good measure.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You could try getting a mattress bag and applying the odor removal product topically, and then put the mattress in the bag and suck the air out of the bag. This will allow the product to disperse throughout the mattress. And then go after any staining that may be present, but don't expect to be able to work miracles.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
First clean the area with the stair tool. Then mix up double the amount of mixture you figure the dog ( based on his size) could urinate. THe miracle solution is water and bleach . Mix it strong at about 4 to 1 ratio. I have used it plenty for both dog and human and it works fine. We usually take the mattress to a tiled area. Pour on and wait about 5 minutes then vacuum.

gene

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
GeneMiller said:
First clean the area with the stair tool. Then mix up double the amount of mixture you figure the dog ( based on his size) could urinate. THe miracle solution is water and bleach . Mix it strong at about 4 to 1 ratio. I have used it plenty for both dog and human and it works fine. We usually take the mattress to a tiled area. Pour on and wait about 5 minutes then vacuum.

gene

Gene, as bleach is a corrosive, it tends to rot fabrics, especially cotton, and also bleaches out the color, would this not be a problem. ??

Further, is it not likely to rust any metal in the mattress such as springs, etc; ??

The bleach that I buy is rated at 10% available sodium hypochlorite, powerful stuff.

I don't know what the % of NaClO over on that side of the pond is.

Curious to learn more about mattress sanitizing..

Thanks,

Ooroo,

:roll:

PS ::: As an aside to this, Hypo, as we call it, has been manufactured in several different ways since it was first produced back in France in the 1700's.

Today's method is called the "Hooker" method, I don't know if that in any way refers how many carpet cleaners have been screwed using this product with little regard for it's capabilities or final consequences. shiteatinggrin

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've always passed on these; recommended buying a new one.

Had the theory that it could be flushed out if it could be saturated right through the mattress, just a theory though.
A good acid rinse with quatalot

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I don't know what the top off a mattress is made from but I don't think it's cotton. I wouldn't worry about color loss since most mattresses are white but it is certainly better then the urine, which by the way will also rust the metal springs. I used the method more times then I can count and have never had a complaint. I tried quats in the beginning but people complained about the smell of the product in the mattress. Nobody seems to mind the smell of bleach.

Next garbage day look for an old mattress and try it for your self. Thats what I did.
gene

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Thanks for the input, the mattress is a highend pillow top
so I told the customer also a friend to put nature's miracle
(they have and said they would try first) They said the smell isn't
bad, so we will see what happens.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
get rid of the damn dog.....

dont get me wrong i have 2 labs...

but the day they start doing crap like this they are gone...

and if its the owner who has no control, and let the dog do what ever...then they deserve spending all the extra money on stuff

TimP

Warren Wallace said:

Then they should flip the mattress and call it good...... :mrgreen:

Name
Nate W.
Warren Wallace said:

If Gary Heacock seen this post, he'd say to use Bio-Kleen BacOut on it... It was originally made for septic tanks but now it's used as an all around deodorizer loaded with enzymes... I'd try that, although I have no experience with it... I think Walt might.

And yes, those expensive pillow tops don't flip... Atleast when Chavez pee'd the bed, he said it couldn't flip so he rotated it.... :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom