Dog Pisser Job

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
My customers are remodeling their basement the carpet they have in the basement is then 3 years old its a nylon frieze. To replace it would be about 3 grand. Dog piss all over. They have pulled the pad and cleaned the concrete floor. I can see all the stains on the back side. I dont believe there is a way to get the urine out of the glue. Has anybody here put a sealer on the back side of the latex to trap the smell. Like I said I dont give a fook how much you flush the spots you are not going to get the urine out of the glue. What do you guys think?

Golden Boy

CDRX

If it is extensive sealing the floor with Kilz might be necessary. The affected areas saturate with Odorcide for about 1/2 hour and thoroughly extract. Should do it.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Waldo here is the problem.. If you cover the back side of the area with another sealant.. you are only blocking the odor from going deeper.. you can prevent it from coming back up through the pad unless the entire carpet and backing is actuelly urine free. Now yes you can reinforce the backing where the urine has weakened it with another latex like Parabond 267. But it can be costly. To the tune of 60 dollars per gallon.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh hey did i mention I DONT DO PET PISS???

judas....perfect example...had a job just like this call me.....they had chem lie over, and quoted them some god awful price....

after a while of chatting with the lady (it was a new purchase so house was empty) i said for about $1000 more you could possibly replace it....then you KNEW it was taken care of...

so if they already pulled pad and cleaned floor...couldnt you just soak it, and then clean, before new pad was put down?? yea i am sure that some is left.....but i dont think there is a "true" fix except new

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I wouldn't use odorcide for that much damage, go with a stronger product half the cost of a gallon of odorcide and much more effective.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
If you want to take heroic measures this will take care of it:

Make sure the concrete is clean,then seal it with a shellac based sealer (not kilz). Place plastic under the carpet then flood it with OSR and scrub it in. Extract, Clean (both sides), Dry then replace pad and reinstall. Kill the dog and collect check!

22222555.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Why don't you just steam it out?...I thought that was the answer to everything. :roll:

I've got some Peroxcellent I'll sell you. Just apply it and leave. Your customer will be super happy.

Man, I gotta do everything around here. !dork! shiteatinggrin

Walt

Brian R said:
Why don't you just steam it out?...I thought that was the answer to everything. :roll:

I've got some Peroxcellent I'll sell you. Just apply it and leave. Your customer will be super happy.

You said in another post that you charge more money for urine work. How is adding peroxecellent more work? Just wondering?

Waldo - it can be done with a water claw, osr, a black light, new pad, kilz, plastic sheeting and a whole lot of patience. But, i wonder if its worth it for either party. if it's every where. I hate doing it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Walt said:
Brian R said:

You said in another post that you charge more money for urine work. How is adding peroxecellent more work? Just wondering?

Waldo - it can be done with a water claw, osr, a black light, new pad, kilz, plastic sheeting and a whole lot of patience. But, i wonder if its worth it for either party. if it's every where. I hate doing it.

Light urine work I just mix it hotter.... and maybe charge a little more
Bad urine and I pull out the Pee-Radicator....and charge accordingly.

Every situation is different.....and I was just giving Waldo a hard time. !gotcha!

Back
Top Bottom