dog urine on stairs

Judd07

I have a job that has pet urine on every stair in this clients home. I used Maxx Pet urine chemical and it work a little, but the customer said that she can still smell the urine a little. I recommended that the customer replace the carpet and pad on the stairs. Im going to reclean the stairs, any suggestion on what else I should do to solve this problem.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
ever use pet zone? it works great on the odor. other than that idk.

R

rotovacguy

First thing I'd do is tell the owner to properly train their freakin dog!! :lol:

I just don't understand how people can get a pet and not spend the necessary time it takes to train them not to piss all over the house.

If you don't have the time or ambition, don't get the pet!!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I don't think I've ever seen urine on stairs, I guess it's a small dog. Either way I'd use a water claw if you have one. Hopefullly you didn't promise complete odor removal.

Albert

Judd07

Yea its a miniture pintcher. I didnt promise complete odor removal because of the amount its literally from wall to wall on each stair. When I shine my uv light on it the whole stair glows. I dont own a water claw, but this is a good reason for me to invest in one. Thanks for the replies!

Mikey P

Administrator
DO NOT use a water claw on steps.

you have no idea where all the juice will end up.

Have an installer lift up the carpet and replace the pad. Clean the back and wood while the carpet is off.

Other wise just spray it heavy with a deodorizer and rinse and explain it's all you can do from above.

G

Mikey P said:
DO NOT use a water claw on steps.

you have no idea where all the juice will end up.

Have an installer lift up the carpet and replace the pad. Clean the back and wood while the carpet is off.

Other wise just spray it heavy with a deodorizer and rinse and explain it's all you can do from above.
I guess that would apply to any sub floor would'nt it?If you dont know,take a repair course and you will never have to call an installer.Heres an idea,use your hydoforce and put what Scott said above(pet zone/osr ect.)in it.spray just like a heavy clean,let it dwell,extract well,then get some odorcide,mix it strong,spray and leave.Should take care of alot of odor.

Greenie

Odorcide stinks worse than the MinPin piss, get some Quat-a-lot or DD-12 from Judson Labs in Greenville, SC and do as posted above, it'll help a lot, and while you are at it pick up a gal of the O2 prespray, and mix up a heavy batch (6oz. gal) it'll take out the yellow and staining from the piss as well, then you can just add the Quat to the prespray and be done with a topical treatment in one fell swoop.

And remember, if you waterclaw flooring in the future, use the ring-around-the-rosie fresh water rinse First, just keep adding fresh water around the perimter of the claw until it stops rinsing yellow, THEN add your deodorizing product. This will make better use of your avail. chemistry and physically remove the bulk of the offending urine.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
With five dogs and two cats in the house and numerous foster pugs coming and going...I can attest to the fact that Quat-a-lot is the bomb for pet odors.

Take care,
Lisa

G

Quat alot as a secondary if you need to,other wise it does not help with urine salts so go with the oxidizer first then if you want quat alot for extra, and as far as the smell of odorcide,never found anybody who "did'nt like it",but then again I dont sell it :wink: (typical case of who uses something and someone trying to sell)and it is safer to leave behind.

DevilDog

Odorcide ALL THE WAY! I am sorta amazed at the comments about the odor of Odorcide....I always let the client smell it before I start using it and rarely has a client not liked the smell.

If you don't like the smell of Odorcide...then use Hydrocide...it is not as good as Odorcide but works well. Clean the piss out of the stairs....really clean those stairs. Then, with some control, apply Odorcide. All you are doing is trying to replicate the path of the urine which should not be hard if the deposits are not large.

Let the Odorcide sit for about five minutes, apply some defoamer, and rinse like a raped ape (Marty can tell you what that is like from experience) and the odor is GONE.

This shit is not rocket science. Some of you act like the dog or cat has a 1000 PSI pisser. Jesus H. Chirst. Think about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom