doing the math?

Name
eric schulz
i have my first independent big boy job coming up in about a month. its the biggest thing i will have done to date: 20-30k sq ft. i need to start buying my finish, and i want to know when the case says it covers 2000-2500 sq ft, , does that mean with one coat, or the recommended 3-4 coats? (pleeez be the latter!!!!) im going to be dumping all my paychecks between now and then on wax. im literally going to be giving up meals to make this work. i need to know how many times i have to eat ketchup packets and non dairy creamer to make the dream a reality. anybody know where the best dumpster pizzas and donuts are at?

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
eric schulz
is anyone familiar with betco hard as nails? im thinking about going with this for its hard setting/resilient finish- its an industrial high traffic environment im doing so i think i will have to use something tougher than i normally do. any suggestions for something that might be a little more economical?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I use Signature by Diversery. IMO, it’s better and will last longer than Hard as Nails. It shines more than Hard as Nails. But, they’re both good products. Hard as Nails was my go to for years. This is where a credit card comes in handy. You can buy your supplies needed on it and pay it off when you get paid.
I still use an AE for such a purpose. I would guess you probably need a minimum of 12 gallons per 10k, I would buy 2 5s and 5 one gallons. If you have a good relationship with a distributor, which you probably don’t, you could return what’s not needed, or use on next job (of course). I’m thinking about the ketchup packets😒

Name
eric schulz
thanks... im working on making friends with the local supply guy for now. gonna check out signature.
I use Signature by Diversery. IMO, it’s better and will last longer than Hard as Nails. It shines more than Hard as Nails. But, they’re both good products. Hard as Nails was my go to for years. This is where a credit card comes in handy. You can buy your supplies needed on it and pay it off when you get paid.
I still use an AE for such a purpose. I would guess you probably need a minimum of 12 gallons per 10k, I would buy 2 5s and 5 one gallons. If you have a good relationship with a distributor, which you probably don’t, you could return what’s not needed, or use on next job (of course). I’m thinking about the ketchup packets😒

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I don’t think Hard as Nails is quite that bad. I don’t think that’s valid. If you’re comparing the shine, probably. Hard as Nails will definitely last longer by far. You do have to buff it to get a good shine.

Name
eric schulz
In Akron?
Who?

Alco?
Advanced?
other?

..L.T.A.
d-a specialty. the dude seems pretty cool. unlike the 5-6 other places i called looking for a driver plate, he actually had one in stock, and a flat mop i couldn't find at any of the places i calked either. so you're familiar with the local characters? any suggestions on where to go or who to avoid? the lady at advance was nice but didn't have what i was looking for, and cotton supply was also skint. not sure what to make of granger yet- it has a guitar center vibe that im not really fond of. lotta guys just hanging out- get to work bozos!

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Just google flat finish mop. This is what you want. You’ll need the 18” dust mop from and handle. Whoever you buy your finish from should have the frame and handle if you don’t have one. Dust mop handle. You can find the pad driver you want on line too.

IMG_3819.png

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
d-a specialty. the dude seems pretty cool. unlike the 5-6 other places i called looking for a driver plate, he actually had one in stock, and a flat mop i couldn't find at any of the places i calked either. so you're familiar with the local characters? any suggestions on where to go or who to avoid? the lady at advance was nice but didn't have what i was looking for, and cotton supply was also skint. not sure what to make of granger yet- it has a guitar center vibe that im not really fond of. lotta guys just hanging out- get to work bozos!

Not familiar with Granger...unless you Grainger (which is a well stocked industrial supplier... but expensive)

Andria is the owner at Advanced and is good people.
Honest and trustworthy .
She was my local go to I supported

Alco is the other I'm familiar with had no issues with

There was one other I dealt with on occasion.
Can't recall the name , but on Devalera (off of Home ave)

Note, I haven't been to Alco or Devalera in 30 years.
been out of the biz for over 10 years and only see Andria on occasion (when I need something for home use)
I'd suggest you stop in and talk to Andria

..l.t.a.

Name
eric schulz
Just google flat finish mop. This is what you want. You’ll need the 18” dust mop from and handle. Whoever you buy your finish from should have the frame and handle if you don’t have one. Dust mop handle. You can find the pad driver you want on line too.

View attachment 128276
i already got them... i was referencing a day i was looking for stuff a few weeks beck abd had to try 5-6 places before i eventually found a place that had everything, which was t an exotic list- i was surprised it was hard to find the stuff in stock at a brick and mortar... but succeeded just in time. but thanks for the advice!

Name
eric schulz
so ive lucked out enough to maintain a non-complimentary condiment based diet. salads and unprocessed proteins are still in my life! the supplier schmoozing however will take some time lol. i probably gotta learn how to golf :-(

Back
Top Bottom