Don't Freeze Your Truck

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
image.jpg

This camera system was only $150.00. As long as you have cable/internet service, there is no monthly service charge. I can monitor it anywhere from my phone. It's a real peace of mind. I use to drive to the shop on really cold nights just to make sure the furnace was working.

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
This camera system was only $150.00. As long as you have cable/internet service, there is no monthly service charge. I can monitor it anywhere from my phone. It's a real peace of mind. I use to drive to the shop on really cold nights just to make sure the furnace was working.

Erik, do you have a name or link to the sight you found it on?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The ones I am are using are DropCam

You can get them at Walmart, Home Depot....few other places and direct

I use the Drop Cam pros and each camera is around $190 each.

Erik's Cameras sound like a great deal.

My cameras, the first one cost something like $10 a month to have up to 7 days recording available (can get up to 30 days for bit more money)
and each camera you add is only like $2-3 for the month additional

You can zoom via pinch and squeeze on your phone, they have night vision.

They ARE NOT outdoor rated and so my office window and shop driveway are inside....and no screens on the windows to see better.

I do get updates via my phone due to motion detection, or noise detection too via immediate notices through their app for my phone, and email on my phone.

www.dropcam.com

2015-02-15 12.18.15.png

2015-02-15 12.18.18.png

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Erik, do you have a name or link to the sight you found it on?
The brand is Zomba. I bought the system at Micro- center. It came with four night cameras and you can hook up eight. I couldn't find a link. You can also zoom in from your phone. A deer just walked through, the tracks weren't there earlier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I bought an 8 camera system off Amazon for something like $299 about a year and a half ago. Made by the same people as the one Erik has. No monthly fees, just needs internet connection. It's a real basic system for not a lot of money. It's a nice way to see if maybe you do want/need to have cameras without a major investment. I have had a lot of construction work done on my house in the last several months and it has come in handy keeping an eye on workers while I am in the office. Most of the cameras are outside or in the garage area. I have the software up and running on my desktop and check it a few times a day. Great way to watch and see who is coming and going.

I do have a couple in the main living areas too, just to keep an eye on my dogs. It's also handy keeping an eye on my 17 year old...

I can't imagine being without a camera system. As a matter of fact, I could see buying a 16 camera set up at some point.

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
I bought an 8 camera system off Amazon for something like $299 about a year and a half ago. Made by the same people as the one Erik has. No monthly fees, just needs internet connection. It's a real basic system for not a lot of money. It's a nice way to see if maybe you do want/need to have cameras without a major investment. I have had a lot of construction work done on my house in the last several months and it has come in handy keeping an eye on workers while I am in the office. Most of the cameras are outside or in the garage area. I have the software up and running on my desktop and check it a few times a day. Great way to watch and see who is coming and going.

I do have a couple in the main living areas too, just to keep an eye on my dogs. It's also handy keeping an eye on my 17 year old...

I can't imagine being without a camera system. As a matter of fact, I could see buying a 16 camera set up at some point.
I would not want a camera around for 17yr old me....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I was in costco and they had 8 cameras indoor and out for about $600.00. One for the temp is a great idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom