Down Draft type carpet blowers/dryers--Don't work?

V

vegijohn

I'm beginning to think these type for blowers don't work. I used one to dry an area rug cleaned in my "plant" that had to be spotted after the deep cleaning. The top felt dry but the underside was wet. I think the down draft only pushes the moisture down instead of drying the carpet.

They do work , but not for drying rugs. They work great for dirrecting air flow toward dehu's or bringing fresh air in or drying subfloors.

Greenie

I dunno, my average custy is extracting enough with 2.5" hose to claim 1-2 hour dry times confidently, tehn blow drying the rest and getting rooms dry in 30 mins. some times, so there is something to it, it's not all hype, I even have guys using the tiny little mytee fans and getting similar results, so obviously it's not all the super duper fan either, just air movement.

suck and blow, and get paid well for it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
another "BB de jour" phenomenon

a dude puts some legs and louvers on a steel barn fan used to ventilate the chicken coops,
a few guys pay a ridiculous price for them, and tout it up on the boards,

and the next thing you know, Ole Jed's a millionaire... :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

TimP

When doing rugs most who do them properly severly soak them causing the backing to have a lot of water in the backing. Thus taking longer to dry.

When cleaning carpet and using an angled jet and glide for flushing with adequate extraction. The yarn is the only thing wet and so speed drying is easier.

I think some people need to think things out before they start putting stuff down. Why not try it on some carpet with the proper requirements before putting it down. Kinda like the guy who says the DXT can't keep up with heat when not running the machine hard enough to get the heat.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The AirPath fan works great for drying surface cleaned rugs. You might not be so impressed if using one of the imitation AirPaths. No airmover will quickly dry the back of a soaked carpet, which is why the turbo-style are used tucked under wet wall-to-wall carpet.

Immersion cleaned rugs will dry faster if hung so you can use airflow front and back.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
When I have a hook style rug or a two sided braided rug that is cleaned both sides I put 2 airpaths under it and it works like a charm then dry the edges

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
We use axials on stands - if you get the base of the axial off the ground by the width of the fan you'll see a more efficient/even dry that will happen faster.

DevilDog

I have used the old Airpaths and the new Airpaths....the old ones might have been uglier and heavier but they worked better.

But having said that...they NEVER dried carpets as fast as most said they did.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
DevilDog said:
But having said that...they NEVER dried carpets as fast as most said they did.

that has been my experience as well, another thing is make sure you are using a real airpath if you want a true comparison

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom