Doyle Bloss' 45 minutes of fame..

Mikey P

Administrator
Doyle what can we look forward to seeing at your presentation in Vegas?

11:15 - 12:00 pm Carpet Cleaning and Spotting Demonstrations - HydraMaster /U.S. Products - Steve Poulos, Doyle Bloss, Rick Evans, Bruce Daw and more.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Join these experts as they bring your greatest carpet cleaning challenges and opportunities to life with interactive hands-on product demonstrations. Hot water extraction tools and techniques to clean faster, clean better, reduce drying times, and reduce fatigue. Low moisture encapsulation carpet cleaning – equipment, chemicals, and how to use them to get more commercial business. Answering cleaning challenges presented by the proliferation of new soft carpet fibers.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not much time what with Steve the Mouf, Poulos there sharing/hogging the stage...[/FONT]

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
Mike-

I am most appreciative of the fact you fully realize that with Poulos there, getting a word in edgewise will be a challenge, and trying to follow any sort of schedule or plan will be in vain as who knows what crazy tangents he may take the whole presentation on. At least you know when Steve is talking, you will be entertained and motivated. Motivated to do what I am not sure, but you will be motivated.

That being said, we kind of only have ourselves to blame for this. We kept commenting that there were all kinds of hands-on presentations going on at the Experience (Connections) for everything except carpet cleaning, which is where 98% of the audience got their start. So after opening our big mouths about the fact we wanted "the carpet cleaner" to be given a pedastal too, it is kind of one of those "be careful what you wish for" things, as we are now in charge of the carpet cleaning hands-on pavilion presentations.

Even with Poulos derailing the schedule there are some specific things we will be demonstrating and discussing during the Thursday and Friday presentations. One of the subjects will certainly be the effects on cleaning and cleaning chemistry and cleaning tools of all the "new" softer carpet fibers. We are going to have a limited entry spot and stain removal contest on Friday that Mikeys Board members can sign up for if they are interested. There will be dazzling prizes for the winners. I just have to figure out what the dazzling prizes will be. We are working to make arrangements to have some truckmount vs. portable presentations. If we can get some other suppliers to participate (since we don't make any) we are also going to do a encap equipment round-up.

We are hoping to be able to do something else there I can't talk about yet because it is still to be reviewed by the Fire Department folks who insist their be enough breathable air in the trade show hall.

Now it is not too late for you, or another bright and innovative mind reading this, to come up with a brilliant idea we have not thought of yet. What would your readers like to see demonstrated in a "carpet cleaning hands-on" area? Keep in mind the side by side competitive product comparisons are best left to events like Mikeyfest, but I know many readers have said they have some ideas for what people really want to see presented in these short burst hands-on presentations.So what is your idea?

Regards,
Doyle

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
How about a Rotary Extraction shoot out, those always go well. :oldrolleyes:

seriously, seeing how you need to do this inside AND in under 45 minutes, I'm having a tough time coming up with an idea worth trying.

Can we use the flood house to make a Dunk Tank with Steve as the Special Guest?

When will the NEW RX 20 be ready for unveiling?
Maybe a RE shoot out with one big piece of evenly soiled carpet, one truck mount and all 4 or five units used by just one operator would be worth doing.

Mikey P

Administrator
oh, and thanks for a sweet prize to our MB raffle there

Hydra%20Master%20Upholstery%20Cleaning%20Tool%201.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom