Dri-eaz 1200

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
One of my 1200's with 12000 hours on the clock has decided to check itself into rehab.

Computer died so I got a new one for almost $400 and got it installed. Machine runs but 43 hours into the new computer, the fan decided to stop working. It spins freely so not a bearing or anything like that, just won't run.

I got the Dri-eaz disty to ship me another computor to swap just to make sure it wasn't a dud computer, no such luck.

Anyone got any ideas before I give my sparky an open check book?

Cheers, John

steve g

Name
steve garrett
problem is if you look on ebay, those 1200's are going used for about $400 or so, another issue is they are a standard refirgerent with limited compacity. I have a couple of them myself they just sit around though and only get used on really large losses or when all the other dehus are out. a better option for you is keep an eye on ebay and upgrade to a phoenix 200max, its a bunch more dehu for the money, has more than double the compacity and uses technology more up to date

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Steve, I here where you're coming from, but that doesn't really help me sorry.

This machine has 12000 hours under it's belt of trouble free income and has served me very well. It is one of a number of 1200's that I have. at least 3 of them are already round the clock and still going strong.

This is the first unit I've ever had to do anything to, other than regular electrical safety checks and new filters every couple of years.

A 1200 in New Zealand is $3285 +TAX new and you don't see them second hand.

My only LGR2000 I have was around the $5500 +TAX about 5 years ago.

Picking equipment up cheap off ebay is NOT an option due to the 110/220v difference.

Phoenix do not have an agent in New Zealand. The few times I've sent them quote requests when I've been buying, have all been totally ignored.

I've got pretty much all Dri-eaz gear and I've got to say I've had a very long, trouble free experience with all my blue machines.

John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I saw you post earlier and was going to tell you you should up grade at least to an Evolution (LGR) but then remembered you were in New Zealand and figured rebuild is probably a lot cheaper.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
This machine has bought in an approx $40,000 income over the past 6+ years... not bad aye!!

The 1200 is my 'baby' dehumidifier and I refuse to buy/use the cheap 'warehouse' type dehus that are designed for residential use.

Most of my competitors use those type by the dozen and then have 1-3 1200's as their problem solving machines :shock:

I started out buying 1200's and then after doing ASD in about 2004 I decided to invest in LGR2000's but at that cost, it was pretty hard to justify switching over the whole line up.

Also, being an independant, we're getting a lot of the nation wide contracts indenting on our water damage restoration market base.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom