dri eaz 80

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I picked up one at a thrift store. It comes on and the pump works. What is the best way to test a dehumidifier? This is my first one. Yes its old but I got it for $30. Would like to do small wd for property management and customers. Got to start somewhere and the price was right.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Provided it has freon it should be a great investment. Back in the day we had (80) of the Drizair 110's. Those units are built like a tank, loved them!

The simplest and easiest is plug it in and run it into and 5-galllon jug and keep an eye on it. It should pull 3-5 gallons easily depending on your humidity.

You can also do it with a digital hygrometer. Get a reading on the ambient air then turn it on and check for grain depression (the difference the dehumidifier is making).

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Too many big words. Lol. I just have a moisture probe. Sounds like I need more toys. I will do the bucket test. Not much humidity here so maybe run it in the bathroom after a hot shower. what kind of refrigerant do they take?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's the bad news, they switched to safe for the environment freon. I'm not definite you can still get it.
It was a rare case it needed refilled, generally only from a leak. Hopefully its fine and you have no worries for years.

Reactions: Mikey P

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Does it take the old 12 refrigerant? I have a couple of cans and I'm some more of it on Craigslist for my old truck.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Louis I really don't know. We just sent them out anytime one would go down. It was rare, they really are constructed for rough use.

Is it not condensing water?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom