Dri Master upholstery tool

Bought the new tool today. Had the old one a while back. First thing I noticed is the color. Its Black, instead of light grey. Will be using tomorrow morning in a greasy stairway at a restaurant. Being black it won't show the grease on the hoses. Also it came with a cover on the head of the tool. Sort of like the purple/blue bag over your crown royal whiskey. Or your favorite pool stick in a case. Will protect the head I am sure. Then it doesn't have the on/off valve for the water. Which is good cause the old model had one. Which could sometime close without you knowing, once I cleaned half a sofa with the water off before I noticed I was cleaning with no water. This shut off on the tool itself seemed like a waste cause you have one at the end of your solution line. Also the unit is bigger and looks to be built better. I am excited to use it tomorrow. Ron

lesterj2

take some pics of your work if possible... and what exactly does this tool look like...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
must have presprayed that furniture pretty heavy to not notice the water was off!
Can see the flow through the window.

I liked being able to turn the water off, to do a dry pass. I got to be able to do it with one finger.
Could clean with one hand, turning the water on and off, left the other hand free to manipulate the cushions.

Sorry I cannot post pictures, Do not know how. Bought the tool at pembertons, they probably have tool on their web page. I always felt better using these drimaster tools on fine fabric. And I have sensitive upholstery job to do next week for an important customer, so it was a good time to buy it for me. But tomorrow on one of my restaurants, they have a flight of stairs that the help uses to get food to second floor customers. With this tool I can get it dryer quicker, and with the steady flow the solution out of the upholstery tool will be hotter. I prespray flex and citrus, and clean quickly. They stairs are covered with grease each and every month. I cannot spend the time I want on them, I have the whole top floor, bottom floor and main staircase to do . because they open up at 11am. At this restaurant they have a noise ordinance, so I can't clean this at night. I have not been happy with the outcome on these steps for several months. Trying different things. And although I have not used the tool yet, it doesn't seem real hard to turn the knob down for the dry passes. We will see. I did not buy the optional handle they have for repetitive motion cleaning. Might get it soon. Ron

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I have used the Dri master and its a real nice tool, but come on does any one else think $450 bucks is a bit much? Or maybe I'm just a tight wad.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Ron,
I think you're crazy to be using a brand new drimaster on stairs. The potential for a scratch on the head is too great and you run the risk of ripping some nice upholstery piece with your expensive new tool. The reason for that nice cover is to protect it when traveling. They ding easy, i've a few to prove it.
A stair tool would be much better or if you insist on an upholstery tool why not use an old that you won't mind fxxkixg up.

I've been using the new drimaster for the past month and like it for the most part. The handle gets a little hot to hold, anyone else find this a problem? The steel guides where the water flows also stick out more than I like, potential for nicking on the back movement.

Terry

T

The Magician

I agree with Terry we use ours only on upholstery. The dri master will clean all uph. Dont scratch it. Put a # 6 in your stair tool and watch it clean.

I would think I will not scratch it on stairs. My old version scratched as you say. But I am hoping they are built tougher on the new one, the delivery system seems different. I too scratched my first drimaster and changed out the metal slide hicky because of it. Because I like you were concern with scratching fabric. But I was not very careful when coming to metal surfaces thresholds at ceramic floors where carpet interfaces, at bottom or top of stairways, Metal buttons, anything other then fabric. Its the hard surfaces that scratches them in my opinion. Time will tell. I am an owner/operator, and will protect my new tool. This time I am aware of the limitations. This tool was my workhorse before, so I got it again. This is not your normal stairway tomorrow, It is a problem child for me. High line restaurant with white carpet installed about 4 -5 months ago. I have a butler stairtool pimped out by greenie with extenders, bigger jet, and glide(hate it). But usually I do my stairs with a butler upholstery tool(prochem), with one of 3 glides from greenglides hole,hybrid,ridge to choose from. It is hard on my back, but feel I do a better job. Thanks, Ron

M

Mark Imbesi

drimaster.jpg

Ron i can't believe you bought that tool to do those steps...what were you thinking...after all the advice i gave you on this subject you go behind my back and buy it.You would be better off spraying the step with a rinse agent and extracting it with you vac hose.You know that Drimaster will only clean surface of the carpet and not deep clean it.

Name
George Valliant
I know what you mean. Stairs can be a losing battle to keep clean. Leaving them dry is a high priority with me too. But, I would rather lose the account than put one single scratch on the head of my dri master. My old style already has severial scratches which I notice when doing fine euro suede / micro fiber material.

At least a few times a month I'll break out two 3-speed air movers, prop them up side-by-side using corner guards, and point them up the stairs on high. And, if you really want to kick butt. Apply a high quality fabric sealant then blow dry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom