DriMaster 2 Upholstery Tool Video

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuNl2ectJsAo]
Just saw this vid.
What I noticed was the fabric looked wetter after the Dm tool passed over than the PMF tool.
Hard to turn off the tool to do a dry pass.
I made these comments on the video, comment is awaiting approval to be posted. I wonder if they will approve it?

G

it's just a friggin demo video Ron did you ask if he pre vacuumed it for three hours before the demo

CleanEvo

Who uses a conventional upholstery tool at 500 psi? Oh ya, someone who is trying to sell something.

Name
George Valliant
Today I cleaned 2 sofa's, 2 love seats, and 3 recliners with the DriMaster 2.

Tomorrow I'm doing twice that much upholstery with it.

Ho hummm...

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I bought one about 6 months ago and I love it. I used to really hate doing upholstery now I have no problem with doing it. I love not having to pull a trigger, I also love how much easier it is to move the tool across the fabric, I also love not having overspray and most importantly I love how evenly it cleans across the width of the head. My internal jet tool tends to leave the fabric cleaner in the center and it takes a lot more passes to get it evenly cleaned. It's not hard at all to turn the water off to do dry passes either, although dry passes are rarely needed. The knob is right on the handle. Generally if I do a sofa/loveseat combo, with the aid of a small fan the first piece I cleaned is mostly dry by the time I finish the second piece with no dry passes.

That being said on some fabrics it tends to spit out excess water at the end of the stroke, not often but when it does happen it can be a pain.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Gordon said:
it's just a friggin demo video Ron did you ask if he pre vacuumed it for three hours before the demo
you'd think if they were going to show a demo vid that it would be a good demo.
Can't really argue with other guys loving the tool. It looks light, easy enough to use.
I had the "spray out the side issue" with the old DM, the flatter the fabric the more it sprayed.

On a really soiled fabric, does this new tool still need to be pulled fairly slowly to get the soil out? With the old tool, I'd find I had to pull it quite slow as I was getting a ton of brown water rushing past the view port. sometimes took a couple passes before it would look clean.

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
Gordon said:
Can't really argue with other guys loving the tool. It looks light, easy enough to use.
I had the "spray out the side issue" with the old DM, the flatter the fabric the more it sprayed.

On a really soiled fabric, does this new tool still need to be pulled fairly slowly to get the soil out? With the old tool, I'd find I had to pull it quite slow as I was getting a ton of brown water rushing past the view port. sometimes took a couple passes before it would look clean.

The new DM looks promising. The old DM's spray bar was just too small and when it got old, it started snagging the upholstery. Lucky for me, it was only office chairs I was cleaning. I switched to the Hydrokinetic tool and have piece of mind knowing I can't snag any fabric again. :D

Name
Nate W.
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Try extracting with a towel first, and then using it to rinse the fabric.

I'm having a hard time trying to imagine what you mean by this. Extract with a towel using only suction or using water, then rinsing it?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
lol no.... rub the fabric with the towel after you pre-spray it. You'll remove a lot of oils, and it'll give you a little more agitation as well.

Name
Nate W.
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
lol no.... rub the fabric with the towel after you pre-spray it. You'll remove a lot of oils, and it'll give you a little more agitation as well.

I thought only encappers said you can extract soil with a towel???? :lol:

Thanks for clarifying it for me. :wink:

Name
George Valliant
A horse hair brush, judson, mytee big boss sprayer, and drimaster 2 .

Sofa Mart says I'm their best warranty service provider in the nation.

As if anyone GAS.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:

Sofa Mart says I'm their best warranty service provider in the nation.

As if anyone GAS.

They have a very nice site.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
The video is a little deceiving when it is mentioned that they are using 500 psi. That is not really happening because, as was mentioned in the video, there is a need to control the water volume. At 500 psi with the dial turned all the way open, you would be getting too much water for the tool to pick up adequately.

On the other hand, if you compare the Hydroforce Hydrokinetic tool, you can use the full 500 psi without restricting the water flow, and you will have no overwetting problem.

Also the Hydrokinetic can be used with a continuous flow to the cleaning head (like the drimaster) or you can set it up without that continuous flow, because the tool flows enough water to keep the heat up. The waste tank will not fill up as fast that way.

I have seen them both in a side by side comparison.

T

The Magician

Depending on the material you can clean up to 500. I have 2 of them. Nate you can replace the bar and no more snagging.

topnotchman

Ron,

On the new tool, just turn it up, you get a lot of flow/flushing with it. Haven't run into a too soiled one yet, but if its a bit dirty I just turn the flow up. I heard the old Drimaster didn't have as much flow as the new one does. If that wont cut it, i'm busting out the Kleenrite upholstery tool!!

Ron Werner said:
Gordon said:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom