DriMaster review...

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have had one for years and just got the new larger model from John Olson
and I have to say it's the shit!! I clean a lot of furniture and if you do and
don't have one yet what are you waiting for it makes it so easy.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
The way the handle rotates around is great and they got rid of the valve
that is easy to step on and break.

Name
Nate W.
Nice. I bet the width makes for easy cleaning. I think it was Shorty who posted that it's too much screws to take it apart... I only have the older version and a HK tool. I stopped using my old one when it snagged a cheap office rolling chair. A toss up for me on the new DriMaster or new SS upholstery tool.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This one?

drimaster_upholstery_tool.jpg

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Just wait till it clogs up with fibers and hair and you have to take it apart. I got it back together Ok but now the metal doohickeys keep coming off.

Name
Nate W.
KevinL said:
Just wait till it clogs up with fibers and hair and you have to take it apart. I got it back together Ok but now the metal doohickeys keep coming off.

You didn't do what I do when I work on a car?.? End up with left over parts that get put in the ashtray, till I remember where the heck it goes..... lol... Isn't it like 12 or 14 screws to take it apart?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
We have had ours over a year, its been dropped a few times. It never clogs because we prevac furniture.. so the screws have never been out..

Glynn

I have both the DM2 and the SS, as well as a whole multitude of other uph tools.
In my opinion the DM2 out cleans the SS on about 80% of jobs, it's rare that the SS cleans better than the DM2. We also find the DM2 much more ergonomic and smoother over fabrics. That said the DM is much more of a pain in the arse to take to pieces to clean out.

If I were choosing between the two and I was only allowed one or the other I would have to choose the DM, from a professional point of view.

T

The Magician

Joey is right prevac. With its close SS tabs its not for vacuuming. If clogged use a .006 feeler guage to clean it out. I have 2 and use then almost daily.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Don't you guys ever get some water on the carpet while you're doing the furniture and suck it up, or do you ever clean the carpet behind the sofa with upholstery tool so you can push the sofa back and be done with it. this is when it picks up fibers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom