Dripod

SamIam

Name
sam miller
:hopeless::hopeless: Had 3 needing repair. I fixed plugs and cords. And plugged 2 in and gfi and breaker popped 15 amp breakers.

Took them to my guy he fixed all 3 $175

Took them into a home and 2 still popped breakers.

Took them back to my guy plugged them in and they worked????:madder::winky::arrrr:

Why would they work on one plug and pop another?

1.5 amp draw, gonna test them at my house.
I'm guessing maybe the plugs got wet on 2 units I dont know.

FredC

Village Idiot
gfci by chance? There have been a few threads that talk about fans, not just dripod, tripping gfci circuits.........but I don't think they ever figured out why

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Now only one is doing it 15 amp and 20 amp breaker as soon as the plug makes the connection it sparks and pops

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Theses fans were good until the cords and plugs were replaced.

I asked my guy if it was some sort of reverse polarity he said that only applied to dc not ac current.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You gotta short somewhere. Your guy must have wired wrong. Check how the switches are wired, that's where a lot of mistakes are made

I agree but why would it work when I plugged it in at a commercial building in Santa Clarita and no where else?

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If it's sparking on only one outlet, the outlet could be faulty. If it's sparking on multiple outlets, the machine is faulty. Possible your guy has wired his outlets backwards too.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Reversed the black and white on the three prong plug plugged it into a regular outlet worked, plugged it into the gfi plug and it popped the gfi, but not the breaker in the breaker box.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
image.jpeg

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
With the adapter you disconnected the ground. Without the adapter the ground is shorting out. The cord is fibered wire could be just a strand of wire touching what it shouldn't be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom