Drive by

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We get a lot of phone calls from people who see our purple truck with our vanity 800# on it. Some are calling to book jobs too, not just complaining of being cut off by our drivers!!!! :-)

-JB-

Name
JB
Just for the record, I was literally on the phone w/Ron when she stopped him, and heard the whole interaction, i guess you could say "I heard my first V drive by/walk up first hand yesterday!"

It was pretty f@#kin impressive. I don't know about you all, but I've never literally had anyone holler at me to pull over and let them book a job before, HAVE YOU?

Ron,
Keep suckin down that kool-aid bro! Just don't tell them what kind of sweetener your using!

JB

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I had one pull me over about 2 months ago..........

As he was writing the ticket I was sure he did not want his carpet cleaned........

Greenie

Had the biz number fwd to the cell, it was a fairly regular thing to get a call on the road only to find out the dude was right behind us right now...lol

In this busy world with cell phones it really doesn't surprise me, we aren't a plan things out kind of people we are a spur of the moment reaction type of people, gotta do it right now or it won't get done.

STEVEC

I had one about 2 years ago, the manager of a hotel, I was on my way to a job and he was on his way to work, did hallways on all three floors, then a week later the other hotel called and scheduled. The hotel chain even had a national contract with someone else.

Steve

rgerard

I am a true believer in the power of a V and/or AT with a good wrap----even a cheesy wrap. I have ran both and experienced first hand the attention these monsters attract. Last summer I was a DirtFree chimp (I said that because that is what kind of technician the owner desired me to be) there and they have a verity of V’s, AT’s and some of the new Zerorez trucks (they are great also!).

It is a daily trend having walk-ups ask if we really clean carpet out of these big trucks. With the name DIRT FREE on the truck, I have had a guy ask why we were giving away free dirt. He was laughing and booked an appointment with us right there. Another job that I was working on a little after dark (residential) the neighbor called the cops on me. When they showed up there, I was finishing and almost got a ticket (I explained that I was only a chimp) for a noise violation. The neighbor that called the cops came over and told me that it was rattling her whole house. She also told me she did not realize we came out that far and then she booked an appointment. Also, these big trucks help when doing five arounds because of the attention they command. You can not sleep when your neighbor had us cleaning carpets.

I am now running a tiney-tiny porty and miss the big trucks. I make better money now than I did as a chimp but I will own a big truck as soon as it is logical.

Be nice to JB----you just described my setup! lol well almost

RandyG.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I haven't wanted to talk about walk ups or drive ups because of the teasing, however, 2 weeks ago we had a guy walk up to us at a gas station and say "WOW that truck rocks." He is a youth minister and we are cleaning part of his church on Monday. $1200 walk up.

To be fair our small box truck with a wrap gets walk ups as well.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
what Greenie said.

why would someone pull me over when they can call me on their cellphone? i've had calls when i'm driving and the prospects behind me. no biggie.

thanx --- Derek.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom