Driving me crazy!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have this rattle behind my back only when I am seated in my V, with it running, while at a stop. It doesn't rattle when I am moving, or when I get up out of the seat. If I move the seat back away from the back wall of the cab, it has no effect. I may be coming from under the cab and just sounds like it's behind my back.

Any ideas?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It may be the tension spring on the seat lever..when you pull the lever to adjust the seat there is a release that allows you to slide the seat back and forth..when you let the lever go the spring pulls the release back in place..when you put you ass on the seat it may be putting weight down on it and the spring may be vibrating
and hitting the bottom of the cab....the truck vibrates while at a idle but as you drive it smooths out ( typical diesel )..shove a rag under the spring and see if that stops the noise....

This is a shot in the dark...I do lean more toward my first post....

Name
BradFenstermaker
Marty do you have the road assistance kit behind the seat? It has reflector triangles in it.

May be the fire extinguisher between the two seats also.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
BradFenstermaker said:
Marty do you have the road assistance kit behind the seat? It has reflector triangles in it.

May be the fire extinguisher between the two seats also.

he stores all that next to his spare tire.........

hogjowl

Idiot™
I come here for assistance ... for a little help with a problem. I ask friends whom I feel I can come to with trust to be kind.

I'm going to bed.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
maybe there is a shield of some sort on the underneath side of the truck thats loose.

I know when I'm stopped, the muffler will slighlty rattled against the frame.

Name
BradFenstermaker
My antique UD has several rattles. Seat, Door, Dash.

Sometime a good smack will shut them up. Just like the wife.

Since my stereo install nothing rattles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom