Driving With Waterponds......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've never carried water until the last 2 weeks. I have a waterpond (120 gallons with elec hose reel). It is a new experience. The original plans was to install into a box van, which would handle the weight well. It is currently installed in my 03 Chevy 2500 HD Extended. It does need some spring work.

My 2 week experience with the pond is this.......it is easier to drive with the pond 3/4 or more full. Less water sloshing around. When level is low, below the hose reel bottom, it really moves around and can be felt in driving. Takes some slower anmd more deliberate turning and stopping.

Once I get the box van, hopefully it will improve handling.

Any experiences to speak about?? I'm happy with it since I'm the only one driving my van, and it will improve my setup times and especially Winter weather work........mainly rental properties, which usually have capped off spigots and you need to tap into a sink or washer water line.

q7_zpsecf0f6ae.jpg

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Really? For $4,229.43 they could not install some baffles? They do realize we install these units in trucks that drive, like on the street, right? That is 1/2 ton of fun sloshing around. I am underwhelmed...

Name
Lee Stockwell
I carry up to 160 gallons, and yes you must be aware and compensate. Breaking, fully loaded, down hill, wet pavement could be a white knuckle experience if you don't.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I originally had my water pond in a 3/4 ton extended van for about 2 years. Last 5 or so it's been in a small 11 foot box truck. I never notice a thing with the box truck. I am moving back into an extended van though. I will be more conscience of driving very fall with full tanks from here on out.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I carry a 225 gallon fresh water tank , although I raely fill it, you can feel the H2O moving. It mounts between my vacuum tank (100 gallon) and a waste overflow (100 gallon). Slow right down going around corners, and its a little harder to 'get air' over the moguls.

Reactions: rwcarpet

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Most manufacturers and designers of water tanks are pure idiots when it comes to baffling a tank.

Hell, even my large mop pail has a "Wave Break"

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Really? For $4,229.43 they could not install some baffles? They do realize we install these units in trucks that drive, like on the street, right? That is 1/2 ton of fun sloshing around. I am underwhelmed...

Hey, Chris.....is that the retail price of a waterpond with electric reel? I got mine with a package deal, including a 150 gallon waste tank, (which I can't use until I get the box van I want), a 100 gallon waste tank, and APO.(the 12 volt diaphram external pump).

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Hey, Chris.....is that the retail price of a waterpond with electric reel? I got mine with a package deal, including a 150 gallon waste tank, (which I can't use until I get the box van I want), a 100 gallon waste tank, and APO.(the 12 volt diaphram external pump).

I saw the same retail $$ on 2 sites.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom