****Dry and ElectroDry Questions

steamwizards

Name
Rob
I had my first client yesterday ask about those dry carpet cleaners, you know the ones that use chemicals. Rather than get into a debate I went through what I DO the steps I use to clean their carpet and was realistic with getting out stains (red wine which was in the carpet for a couple of years). And I got her business. I am finding a few clients who mention they have had their carpets done by xxxxxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxxx, I nod, and continue the conversation.

How do you handle these questions from clients?

Rob

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just say that I understand so I at least acknowledge them...and then I just move the conversation forward to something else.......it services no pourpose to talk about other cleaners....

Reactions: dealtimeman
Name
Lee Stockwell
A 2013 newbie who hangs out on MB has a HUGE advantage. When I was a 1970 newbie there were few honest sources of info for this industry.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
& NONE in Australia.

Remember, NO INTERNET, we had a cleaners association which was basically for contract cleaners (janitors), but nothing at all for dedicated carpet cleaners.

We bought our equipment from the local cleaning store and trusted :lol: their advice, which generally turned out to be :bullshit:

Living in the sticks rather than the smoke had it's own problems as there was very little knowledge to be had in this field.

They were certainly "interesting times", to say the least.

Even communications was awkward, but less stressful, an answering machine to come home to at the end of the day, and down the track we had a pager to take a printed message on a one line screen.

Then we would find a telephone box and phone the enquirer.

Now we have all these electronic gizmo's that cost the earth to try and make life easier.

But, getting back to your question, do as Jim suggests and move on, but ask them at that time how they found and why they decided to use you. :winky:

Most new customers I get, I either get by reference from previous customers or from my web site.

:yoda:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have done work for an Orthopedic Surgeon, fixing problems that other cleaners experienced while cleaning on site for them. We were talking about my knee surgery that I just had this year (who was done by a surgeon friend of his). They told me they never bad mouth another persons work....they just say" Sorry it did not work for you (meaning with the last surgeon)....we do not do it that way....and will get you fixed up. Sorry you have to go through this again".

After hearing that, it just helped me to say "We don't do it that way, but here is what we will do"

I am friends (and try to be friends) with a lot of cleaners. I do have one this coming Thursday that a factory warranty rep asked if we could come out and fix after another cleaner has tried to clean a 2 year old carpet twice now (with HWE for the record). They are not getting the soils out, and the people are asking for the carpet to be replaced. It is a situation I am going to just try to be humble, and understanding what everyone is going through (Homeowner, Housing coop, carpet cleaner doing the cleaning, etc.) and just try to fix it. HOPEFULLY, our work with speak for itself. I have also told the store and carpet rep if there is still a problem, we want to be contacted so we can make sure we are addressing the problem properly.

Mark Saiger

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I am one of those dry cleaners. 35 years and counting. Ask me, glad to help.
Yeah, what's with Chemdry?Bunch of assholes. They badmouth steam cleaners for 25 years then become steam cleaners. They sue Lisa for selling her glidesand get their ass kicked in court. ****em. I'd like to smear them in their own feces. See how they like it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom