Dry Log Readings

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Dry standard is most important. And humidity reading for both inside and outside also

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Are there any exceptions on dry log readings before the dehumidifies are installed?
if you're referring to getting readings from unaffected structure? Then I won't always, unless its been hit hard.
Did a dry out last week that a roof leak was discovered during renovation, the new timber they were installing wasn't up to "dry standard"
I dried original affected framing, and let them know I wasn't responsible for what they were putting in.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
The water damage classes I took always recommended taking your first readings when you set up your equipment, not before. The purpose of taking dry log readings is to show your equipment is working properly and your system is balanced, your evaporation is not exceeding your dehumidification.

I will let my air movers and dehumidifiers run for a bit before I take my initial readings to get some moisture in the air and give the coils in the dehumidifier a chance to cool down. This will give a more accurate documentation of grain depression. I also like to take affected surface temperature readings to show vapor pressure differentials between the ambient air and wet surface. I am not sure if this answers what you are asking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom