Du$ty Robbert$ can kiss my ass!

Mikey P

Administrator
lying PSO just sent me this..

Subject: FAIL, in-home rug cleaning.

I just got a message from someone who is putting on a webinar to show carpet cleaners how to clean area rugs in the home.. FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, massive FAIL.

So many reasons NOT to ever do this,, including that it is IMPOSSIBLE to clean your clients fringes inside their home?
Seriously, this is the #1 way clients judge you on how good their job was, not to mention all the issues that arise from attempting loose rug cleaning inside your clients home.

Good news… it is RugLovers college night on Pro-Cleaners network. Subject tonite;
Is all about fringes,, we are going to discuss all the FRINGE BENEFITS to cleaning fringes and how you can easily increase your average “in-studio” sale by 40 plus bucks/rug with the knowledge you will gain tonite PLUS wi.n a real cool new fringe cleaning kit!

See you tonite at the RugLovers college!

Make sure to register right now for this F.re e event

Stephen “Dusty” Roberts
Helping you to get MUCH MORE out of rugs, plus clean fringes too!

This industry is owned by owner ops.

Owner Ops who can make far more money with some skills on how to identify what can be safely cleaned in the home rather than trying to set up a half a$$ed garage plant to wash a rug or two a week.

There are a TON of synthetic and and tied and especially TUFTED WOOL rugs that the owners LOVE to have cleaned in their homes. Low costs, ready to use the next day and in most case will LOOK just fine.

Du$ty has some nerve poking the MB firer considering his history of lying to clients about his methods and the way he ****** over Ron Kohler.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The following is an e-mail sent to you by an administrator of "The World's
Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum!". If this message is spam, contains abusive
or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the
board at the following address:

mikeysboard@sbcglobal.net

Include this full e-mail (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get real!

How many homes do you walk into each year to clean their wall to wall
carpets that also want their area rugs cleaned as well?

Now how many of them would punch you in the throat if you quoted them a
Du$tyish price of $5.00 to $7.00 a square foot?

I'd bet that every 9 out of ten homes you clean in have synthetic and
modern wool rugs that would clean up just fine with a careful Hot Water
extraction. IF you have the skills.

Come to http://carpet.cleanerschat.com/ tonight @ 6PM PST to learn the
skills necessary to not badger the hell out of your clients pocketbooks and
leave them with affordable and safely cleaned rugs

--
To not receive emails from this forum anymore you can choose to deny emails
in the User Control Panel on www.mikeysboard.com under Board preferences

* » Edit global settings

Copyright 2011 - Mikeysboard.com -

Mikey P

Administrator
everyone here got that Shane.

calling that spam would suggest that I profit off these free online classes.

In fact Scott had technical issues and Tom Cermak and I "taught" the class.

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:

Was that tonight? darn I missed it? I guess I didnt read my spam folder OOps :mrgreen:

Hell mild prespray and all fiber rinse Vac it real well walla

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:

Must have been a coincidence then, came like 10 minutes after posting in this thread.

My bad

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Mikey,

Putting a $ in a word will trigger most spam filters on email programs. I think that's what was meant.

My email got kicked in the spam folder and blocked the domain's address.

GCP

Ross Buettner said:
Mikey,

Putting a $ in a word will trigger most spam filters on email programs. I think that's what was meant.

My email got kicked in the spam folder and blocked the domain's address.

:mrgreen: exactly..

G

I think Dusty may have sent a poorly worded email and I can understand your disdain.
So what is the point? Are you for guys cleaning low end rugs for low end money and doing a OK job. What sanctioning bodies support in-home cleaning of area rugs. Did I miss that in the IICRC or ASCR standards? Maybe all the legitimate groups are shilling for Dusty?
I suppose if you limit it to the junk rugs it is not that bad. I hope you are not pushing cleaning hand woven rugs in the home. I think if people are willing to pay more to get the job done right then doing it right makes sense. I publish a list of the best Oriental Rug Cleaners and Restorers in the country and I would be surprised if they are doing in-home cleaning. I know Lisa Wagner did a great article on In-home rug cleaning but she was talking about doing it right.
My compliments on a nice discussion board.
Best wishes,
Barry O’Connell
http://www.SpongoBongo.com

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi Barry

Thanks for checking in, The point of the class was to help cleaners identify what you call junk rugs And find textile pieces that should not be touched with a hot water extractor. We spent a lot of time going over how to clean hand tufted, Synthetic and some hand tied wool rugs in the home. Despite what the people who have something to sell, equipment, method or marketing wise will tell you, I firmly believe from years of experience as well as many many other owner operator cleaners that I talk to, that there are loads of hand tied wool rugs that can be safley cleaned in the home with no risk and "good enough" results. Properly done it causes no harm to the rug, the floor underneath or to the owners pocketbook.

When somone says other wise, it's out of ignorance, misplaced snobbishness or greed.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
That spongobongo is a pretty informative website.

Admit it Mike, you have a rosy glow from having one of the most knowledgeable rug guys in the country take the time to post here. Or maybe that's a slap mark. :twisted:

PS: Should I let Barry know more about the Exciteable Boy syndrome?

G

Hi Mikey.
I fully accept any charges of “ignorance, misplaced snobbishness or greed”. I am not just human but intensely human with all that that implies ;-)

I don’t think we are that far apart. I have been deeply involved in Oriental rugs for a long time and by junk rug I mean a rug that when you are tired of it you throw it away or give it to the dog for a bed. I guess that is a little snobbish.

I freely concede that the manmade fiber, machine made and tufted rugs can often be cleaned in the home. Why I advocate in-plant cleaning is that all too often you find hidden problems after the first wash. Then you have to do it again and sometimes again. I would rather have 10 days to 2 weeks to get it as good as I can rather than do a once and done deal with the customer watching. Maybe that is cowardice on my part but there is a fine line between cowardice and prudence.

I think your approach of teaching the guys what not to clean is reasonable.
Maybe next time you do a program like this I could listen in if I am welcome. I think we both share a comm9on goal of helping guys make a little more money in a way that benefits the customer.

As for Dusty it was a dumb email. But he is a really good guy and is quick to help people in the industry. Yeah he has something to sell but I have seen him over and over again help people out customer or not. As for Ron Kohler and Dusty both are friends of mine and are on my Cleaners list. I was at Ron’s when he had the problem and it was an unfortunate situation. I know both sides and all in all Dusty did what he could to deal with a bad situation. I don’t judge the runner by when he stumbles but rather by how he picks himself up and finishes the race.
Best wishes,
Barry O’Connell
www.SpongoBongo.com

Mikey P

Administrator
To be honest, I've never heard of him before yesterday.

He needs Yokums to boost his online reputation I guess.

When I think rug fag, images of you, Grosseclose, Lisa, Hyde (most of all), David@ talisman, Ken Snow (but in a rough, S and M sort of way) and Roofie and Jeff show up. If I'm feeling particularly sexually deprived then Dusty and the other hucksters like Monohan and Lucas show up to ruin my hand washed dream..

Where does Barry fit in?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mikey P said:
To be honest, I've never heard of him before yesterday.

He needs Yokums to boost his online reputation I guess.

When I think rug fag, images of you, Grosseclose, Lisa, Hyde (most of all), David@ talisman, Ken Snow (but in a rough, S and M sort of way) and Roofie and Jeff show up. If I'm feeling particularly sexually deprived then Dusty and the other hucksters like Monohan and Lucas show up to ruin my hand washed dream..

Where does Barry fit in?

Now that was some funny chit!

Mikey P

Administrator
Actually Barry, this was not my class, it belonged to Scott Warrington. He had technical issues and could get on so I and another regular took over. I think we did ok but Im sure that Scott and his 50 slide presentation would have a lot better.
If you had been on you would have heard us both sing the praises of true hand washing over and over..

Do you agree that with proper inspection, that a tied rug could be cleaned(er) in the home with out harming it?

G

Hi Mikey,
My biggest problem with in-home rug cleaning is how to dust it. This is not an ad for the rug badger. But dusting with a upright or even a carpet beater is messy. I am back east and we track in road salt, sand, cinders, broken glass, etc… I believe that you need to remove the dry particulate matter to get the rug clean. I think if you freshen the pile and leave the grit in the rug it is not a good job. So if you want to dust the rug on a patio or driveway I can see it. Otherwise I am wondering how you deal with it.

I see the Great Oz posted. No slap meant. I just love to talk about rugs. But I see the link to one of the great rug washers in the country, DA Burns. They are on my cleaners list because of their reputation. Even their competition compliments them. I am glad to recommend them. But you can ask them; we have never met, they never even bought me a cup of coffee or paid one cent to be on my list. God is better to me than I deserve so I try to do a little good in the industry as I go along.
Best wishes,
Barry O’Connell
www.SpongoBongo.com

G

Hey Ken Snow,
I spotted Hagopian's in your info. I am really sorry to hear about Edgar. He was one of the grand old men and will be missed.
Hagopian’s is on my dealers list and my Appraisers list how come you are not on the Cleaners list? Have somebody drop me a note at JBOC@SpongoBongo.com.
Best wishes,
Barry O’Connell
www.SpongoBongo.com

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Hi Barry

Thank you - Edgar was certainly one of the kindest & classiest people I have ever known as well as one of the most respected rug people in the world.

I am not sure why we are not on the list- we are certainly one of the largest and most respected rug cleaners in the country and like DA Burns, our competition not only recommends us but uses us for either all their rugs or problems they encounter.

Send me a pm or email kensnow@originalhagopian.com regarding your site listing if you would like.

Ken

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If I had been able to overcome some technical issues (probably my own internet ignorance was the main issue) my presentation would have been to discuss what rugs could be cleaned on-location and if a rug could not be cleaned on location what other options should be considered.

No denying that washing by a true in-plant expert does the best cleaning. But by way of analogy, a hand wash and detail is probably the best way to treat a car. If I had that Ferrari I've dreamed of, it would get the hand detail by a professional every week. But thousands of people pay a few dollars and drive through the tunnel for a car wash every day. It is good, not great but good enough.

Looking at the market in recent years, the dollar cost of rugs has been dropping during the poor economy. There are a lot more machine made wool or even olefin rugs or tufted rugs in homes than the number of truly investment grade rugs.

Then there are other issues like rugs being too big to move, flat weave rugs being used as front door mat (unappreciated) and tightly woven rugs with depressed warps that can't possibly be successfully dusted on-location.

Some rugs deserve the deluxe treatment. Other times good is good enough. Every cleaner in the country can't be D. A. Burns. Some cleaners will want to go after the mass market of cheaper rugs.

The title was meant to be a little provocative and arouse some interest and discussion, but the key to the program was knowing which rugs fall into each category.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Interesting that those who tout good enough cleaning here are at the same time calling moderately priced carpet cleaners hacks. I am not talking about you Scott.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom