Dual Heat Exchangers

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I stopped looking for a decent, residential TM for a couple weeks, but now need to pull the trigger. Boxxer 318 (actually the Diamond private label version for almost 2k less), or a Relia-Bilt with the same engine/blower, but it has 2 heat exchangers.

My question is, what's the deal with two versus one heat exchanger? I get it's twice the stuff, but is it a big deal for producing heat? Isn't the engine going to put out the same amount of heat energy no matter how many exchangers?

The Relia-Bilt is a couple thousand less than the Boxxer.... Virtually all of my jobs are less than 200 feet, most less than 150 feet of hose.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Make sure you're looking at the same motor/blower combination. The diamond products model is a hydramaster boxxer 318. 18 HP motor with a 36 blower. I don't see anything comparable on reliabuilts website. He has a 14/33 and a 23/45 I believe unless he is building something not listed.

Magic One

Look at the pics, looks like a EZ tm. Also the pics of HM look more professional and have been on the market for years

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I stopped looking for a decent, residential TM for a couple weeks, but now need to pull the trigger. Boxxer 318 (actually the Diamond private label version for almost 2k less), or a Relia-Bilt with the same engine/blower, but it has 2 heat exchangers.

My question is, what's the deal with two versus one heat exchanger? I get it's twice the stuff, but is it a big deal for producing heat? Isn't the engine going to put out the same amount of heat energy no matter how many exchangers?

The Relia-Bilt is a couple thousand less than the Boxxer.... Virtually all of my jobs are less than 200 feet, most less than 150 feet of hose.
The engine does put out just so much heat, but having 2 places along the line to first pre-heat and then take it further will produce more heat than heat applied at a single place. Remember the water is moving so it only has so much time to be heated as it passes through the system. I prefer to use LP for heat as it is just so much hotter and completely controllable up to 300º. I have been using LP for 34 years now and find it super reliable and HOT or not, depending on what you are cleaning.

Reactions: JohnHawkP

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom