Dual-Wand Residential?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Does anybody routinely dual-wand residential? Is enough time saved to warrant carrying extra equipment and running extra hose?

Is that how some of yall do 30 jobs per van/day?

Much obliged.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
We don't duel wand with one TM, but we will bring two vans to a bigger jobs.

Today we had 4BR,Hall, stairs, LR,DR,FR totally empty. I helped set up the hoses for the upstairs and he sprayed the whole house, then set up my van knocked it out in 45mins..

If you have to move alot of stuff, you are better off running one van unless you have three guys..

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Dual Truck a lot.

Saves time, less hours on the TM and very few extra mile on the vans last year.

This year, one guy quit, and not replacing, so will analyze he number for next year and decide if should hire a third guy again.

Reactions: spotman123

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Would two vans/truck mounts be able to run off custys water?

Or do you guys bring water?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Would two vans/truck mounts be able to run off custys water?

Or do you guys bring water?

We are self contained Butler units, so we are typically only filling our fresh water tank while on site.

Don't know how that would effect some other types of truckmounts personally.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Dual in residential

I could see it in a 2-3 story large empty, however if it is furnished the 2 of us can be finished single wanding much quicker than dual and have much less chance of fooKing something up.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Does anybody routinely dual-wand residential? Is enough time saved to warrant carrying extra equipment and running extra hose?

Is that how some of yall do 30 jobs per van/day?

Much obliged.
We're not able to do 30 jobs a day, but we dual wand just about every job that we do (97% of our jobs are residential), and have been doing so for over 20 years.

There is no way a single wand operation can compete with our dual wand efficiency, and still do the job right.

Those of you who think the single wand is better have probably not tried cleaning with a true dual wand truckmount.

Reactions: tmdry

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
dual wand almost everything, even the little 800 sq ft ranch houses that need only 2 100' hose runs

I will put sliders under furniture and put down walk off matting while Drew vacuums. I can have 2 set ups in the house by the time he finishes vacuuming. I will spot anything that is needed and vacuum the stairs maybe pack in 8 dri pods if needed. One guy will clean over 1/3 of the house and wrap up one set up, then go back and pick up fans, rake, pull hose, etc.

use zipper wands so don't bring in fans as often as before

Bought a vortex for dual wanding and it serves this purpose well

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
With the new RO water systems,

dual-wanding with a # 5MR blower system is easier than ever.

One RO rinse pass has the efficiency of two rinse passes with untreated tap water.

Productivity IS the name of the game.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Larger jobs especially multi level and or upholstery we will use the dual trucks like Mark. However we do consider the client and the situation first, sometimes its just too much for them to handle with dual setups going all over their home.

Dual trucks works better for us than dual wands because you have twice the fresh and twice the recovery.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Larger jobs especially multi level and or upholstery we will use the dual trucks like Mark. However we do consider the client and the situation first, sometimes its just too much for them to handle with dual setups going all over their home.

Dual trucks works better for us than dual wands because you have twice the fresh and twice the recovery.

Yep....agree and this is how we look at it too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom