Dual Wand Upholstery Cleaning

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
How many of you use two upholstery tools when cleaning multiple pieces of upholstery?

If you do, do you run two lines from your truck, or split them?

If you have two people on the truck and you don't use two upholstery tools, what tasks does the second person perform while the first is cleaning?

Chris A

Name
Chris
we started doing this recently. One vacuum line from the truck, split into 2 50's, then 2 seperate solution lines from the truck. I still open up the second vac port on my CDS a bit as a vac relief

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
We use 2 upholstery tools (Kleenrite jet by-pass). Each van has 2 upholstery tools.

We run 2 separate 1/4" lines from the van, one to each upholstery tool. We run 2 separate 2" vacuum lines from the van, one to each tool.

I cannot believe others haven't figured this out because it makes you so much more efficient. Time is money.

We have been doing it this way for over 20 years!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jim we usually only do it for commercial work or possibly here in the plant but rarely in a clients home. Too many hoses at entry points that could cause trip hazards, just a little too chaotic.

2-lines each setup, vac & solution.

When using "Dual setup" for upholstery we actually have a three tech crew, third guy pre-vacuums and pre-conditions then moves the dirty pieces to the two cleaners and the clean pieces away once they are completed.

If there were only one tool and two tech's, the second tech would perform the same duties that the third normally does. Preparing the pieces for cleaning by the first tech.

Name
Steve Lawrence
We split off one 2" vac hose and one solution hose just 10 feet from the work area to give us 2 working HWE tools. Plenty of suction and even better heat since the additional water needs keep it from cooling off.

Back
Top Bottom