Dual wanding residential

Walt

I've dual wanded plenty of commercial. Two people head in two different directions - no big deal.

However, I've never really dual wanded on residential. There have been plenty of times when it would make sense in larger homes. One guy upstairs, one guy down. I get it.

But, how do you stay organized? With the Prevac, prespray, possible scrubbing, edges, rinsing, spotting and grooming - do you work together on some parts and then independent other times? Are you walking around wondering where the Hydroforce is? Trying to carry the floor machine over two sets of hoses? Where's the rust remover, Oh, it's in your pocket? You see what I mean.

I'm getting to point where I need to start doing this, and I'm sure that I would figure it out after a while. But why re-invent the wheel? How do you do it?

BTW - please don't say get another truck. I would never let somebody work alone with my name attached to it. yet.

G

Maybe 2 of everything :p I personally wouild not dual unless house was a certain sq. ft. and maybe 2 seperate entrances(all that hose coming through the front door might be a little intimidating for mrs. Fiffle.

Kevin

John Watson

Arn't they glad we don't use Hydrofluric any more!!!!!

If they got it on their privates, I don't think getting a bonner will stop it.

(It will burn till it hits the bone, Calcium stops it)

Sorry Walt, I just couldn't resist....

lesterj2

im new to the Truckmount scene but I think im gonna use my dual wand feature to have a 2nd man doing nothing but dry strokes... is that possible or to much trouble for the job being done...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
lesterj2 said:
im new to the Truckmount scene but I think im gonna use my dual wand feature to have a 2nd man doing nothing but dry strokes... is that possible or to much trouble for the job being done...

Genius

lesterj2

Brian Robison said:
lesterj2 said:
Genius
damm so i guess im learning a lil something about the trade... LOL

drunkqz9.gif

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I’ve probably duel wanded 4 or 5 residential jobs most of my jobs are a split of hard surface & carpet so no need. IMO…They need to be bigger jobs to make sense otherwise the helpers time is more valuable with hose management, fans, sticky tab’n, pre-vacuuming, grooming the exception is upholstery cleaning that works really well. Hose management can be an issue a couple larger jobs I’ve run one through the front door and the other through the garage which worked out well when possible. Double spotter kit, hydro force sprayers would be a good idea if you duel a lot

Oh yeah get another truck or raise your price 25-50% I drove past you last week you here waiting to get on the Ross Island bridge @ McLaughlin blvd honked the horn but the horn sucks in these things…LOL

Name
steve snail

ditto genius

I like the way you think

Walt

Was I on my phone? Sorry I missed you, I was just thinking it's been months since I've seen your truck. I've got to figure this dual thing out. Or maybe get (or keep) another truck.

Rambo

Amen Marty. We have two men on the truck 85% of the time so it makes sense for us to dual wand in most of the larger homes. One up and one down. Keep the spoting bucket in a central location. I always thought 4 hoses comming thru the door was impressive to Mrs. Piffelton. It sures makes the job go faster. Somtimes we have one VLM up and truckmount down in large two/three stories. Hey! it works for us.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
prep it all, pull hoses then clean it all

one can usually clean the upstairs while the other cleans the stairs and the first floor, at least this is how it usually works out for us

The Genesis won't duel wand as well as the Vortex, probably wouldn't do as well with duel high flow wands and heat either. I had the same blower on the Thermal Wave II but maybe with the bigger horse power motor things might be a little different

didn't they go from 50 HP to 61 HP

are you going to add a little giant to it

Walt

DXT -They added a diesel engine - similar hp - way more torque. Changed the plumbing to 4inches all around - apparently no restrictions. Added a knuckle valve, blower exhaust hx, and different gauges. Larger waste tank. Oh, and comes stock with 2 - 2.5 vac ports. According to PowerClean, they are getting way more heat out of the new units.

XT has a new gas motor in it and it makes a big difference. I rented the older style XT for a day and was not impressed. I tried a new one, with my hoses and wand (ti with 6 no. 2 jets) and it had no problem maintaining 250 and had way more suction. I think the older one must have been set up wrong or under driven.

Your thermal wave had a 59 blower? I tried the new one at CRS last month and it was a really sweet machine - insanely hot for a slide-in. Unfortunately not diesel. That's why I chose the DXT.

And no, I don't expect it will dual as well as a V. And I am sure it wont have the heat (certainly not of my current set up). I'll keep you updated with pictures.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom