Dual wanding with a Butler?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Ive been running a Butler for a few years but have never dual wanded as of yet. Lately we've been so busy I'm considering using dual wands on residentials to increase productivity. Just wanted to get some feedback from anybody who has experience using 2 wands with a Butler. Do you notice much of a decrease in vacuum? or a decrease in overall performance?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
PTMatt said:
Ive been running a Butler for a few years but have never dual wanded as of yet. Lately we've been so busy I'm considering using dual wands on residentials to increase productivity. Just wanted to get some feedback from anybody who has experience using 2 wands with a Butler. Do you notice much of a decrease in vacuum? or a decrease in overall performance?

which BLOWER do you have..??? Is it the 5.8...???

Chris A

Name
Chris
I run a Hydramaster CDS (similar setup, 4.7 blower) I will run a wand and uph tool simultaneously, but 2 wands is probably stretching it on your unit unless both runs are under 100 foot and you use lots of airmovers.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Upholstery ok, carpets no. Water pump is a stretch to keep up especially if running high flow wand. I have done it on a low profile commercial when we were way out in the boonies once. I wouldn't typically do it though.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I don't recommend it...But it can be done...!

If you have the larger blower 5.8..."Which is only a 4007"..

The 1st. thing you have to do is remove the vac hose from the live reel...

Your vac lines...have to run "directly from the top of the waste tank....
One of the ports is 2.5 inches..the other is 2 inch....

Run 50 ft. of 2.5 in hose off the 2.5 in port...then your 2 inch hose.....
"Use this hose for you longest run" max 200ft total..."dueling"

Then attach a Maximum of 150.ft of 2 in. hose to the other 2 in. port...
THESE ARE MAXIMUN RUNS..to dual wand with..!!!!
Also MAXIMUM flow of "SIX".."If you are using 4 jet wands"
If your 1st. run needs to be 300.ft...
Then "single wand"..with the 2.5 hose until you get to the 200ft.mark..
"This will help Balance the vac"...Run the unit on "Mach II....

Now for the solution lines....
Turn off your valve to your Fresh Water Tank....
You "MUST" hook up direct to the front of your machine..."SUPPLY HOSE" to water source.
Run 50 ft. of 3/8 solution line ...then insert a 1/4 TEE VALVE....as a "Splitter"...
Adjust your CAT pump to at least 800 psi...This will help equalize the pressure ...

Make SURE the UNIT is running in the RED.."RPMS"...can be adjusted under the hood
by adjusting the actuators..." If your Butler is not a NEWER one "...????

The "Butler's"are NOT the best units to Dual Wand with...But it can be done... :roll:
MOST of the time it is easier to move the VAN....or....drop hose from a window.. :idea:

Lee Stockwell said:
Open your dump valve about half way and see if it still cleans to your standards?

I have cleaned carpets before with the valve wide open and didn't notice any loss in peformance. Now leave one of the vac port plugs off and there will be absolutely no suction. The vac port needs some load on it and an open hose provides enough to make the other hose have decent suction.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Lee Stockwell said:
Open your dump valve about half way and see if it still cleans to your standards?

I have cleaned carpets before with the valve wide open and didn't notice any loss in peformance. Now leave one of the vac port plugs off and there will be absolutely no suction. The vac port needs some load on it and an open hose provides enough to make the other hose have decent suction.

Now that is "free fLoW"... :shock:

really dan... :?:

Once I had to dump on a job. I left the valve open and never knew.

Another time I had to dump and had one of the vac ports plugged. When the machine shut down the plug fell off. When I started the machine I had no vacuum at all.

So all this talk about my V is so powerful I can clean with the dump valve open is BS. Any decent tm will.

Mike Draper

if one of my cool cuffs isnt tight or is really loose, I can hear the airflow difference at my wand. This is how in tune I am to my machine. you guys are really saying you don't notice when the dump valve is wide open??? :lol:

Name
Lee Stockwell
I was thinking the same thing Mike.

Years back when I worked maintenance at a milk processing plant some of the old guys who had been on the same Purepak machine for twenty years could "hear" something going wrong. I couldn't hear it, but in a matter of minutes their "intuition" proved absolutely right.

Now I have the same intuition about our machines when something is amiss. Kind of like a flat note out of place.

lance

If you can't tell that the dump valve is open on a single wand machine, then maybe the waste tank is so dirty you need to clean it out real good.

Leave the valve open and then try to clean with a Boxxer. A lot less vac. Ask me how i know.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i can hear a problem the second the machine starts. it blows my mind that my tech never notices. he started cleaning once while i was at idle and filling the solution tank. he never even noticed.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom