DuPont™ Zonyl® used in Judson O2 System – Concerns

There is a post in the clean room made by Floor Pizza (Brandt Despain) about O2 and Zonyl. I appreciate him bringing this concern to everyone’s attention. I am making this post because I have been receiving quite a few phone calls with people concerned about it.

Zonyl is a product line of Dupont. There are 3 major chemical manufacturers that I work with closely. They are Dupont, Dow, and BASF. There are about 50 different types of Zonyl. I will post a product information sheet so you can take a look at all the different types.

http://www2.dupont.com/Zonyl_Foraperle/ ... hinfo.html

Zonyl is used for a lot of different applications. It is used in paint to level the brush strokes out as a flow agent. It is used as a dispersant emulsifier for halogenated metals. I have no idea what the Hell a halogenated metal is.

The product information that the Pizza dude put up was for some of the Zonyl that is used in applications other than cleaning products. When we first developed the Judson O2 System, one of the primary concerns was to develop a safe chemical. We wanted it to be safe to use on all fibers and safe to use health wise. The Zonyl we use is also used in cosmetics as a leveling agent. This Zonyl is a totally different product than the metal processing Zonyl. It is extremely safe since it is being used in cosmetics and applied to people’s skin on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom