Dusty vs Tom

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ok questions on the floor for the answering.

Randy what chemicals are you using to clean and how are you extracting rugs after you have rinsed them? And what is your entire proecedure for color fast and urine contaminated rugs (sorry if I missed it in an earlier post)

Ken, what do you all use to pretreat the rugs.. ie in plant detergent, your own blend? And do you run any chems through the the moor machine like some do? or is it purely for rinsing and wringing. I've seen them set up both ways depending on what the cleaner was wanting to do with their machine. And what is your prodcedure for color fast rugs and urine contaminated rugs.

If you don't want to make the info public then please pm if you are willing to share.

I know what has worked for me, but as I grow our rug cleaning side, I have a blank slate so to speak. So every lit bit of info is great. Especielly being able to compare such far ends of the spectrum.

DavidVB

I learn a lot from Ken and Bryan's comments. I doubt I will ever be cleaning 250 rugs a day. But I think there are others like me who want to do top quality rug cleaning on a smaller scale. A new slide in truckmount can cost 20 - 25,000.00 now. Spending an additional 10,000 to buy a centrifuge and working to build a rug cleaning business seems like a reasonable choice to me. Cleaning 50 - 100 rugs a week looks like a nice business to me.

I've seen the top loading centrifuge from Turkey that Nathan has and it is well made. I've also seen 3 of the red Turkish units and I wasn't impressed. All steel and thin steel at that. Their suspension system was a set of tires. Plus when I asked last fall, the price for a 10 ft unit was 35,000.00. I think Clark will sell quite a few of his units, though from what I learned here, it likely won't be to large rug plants.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I welcome anyone to come to our shop anytime Randy so please feel free. I am not sure why you want to keep implying that I am snobish (assuming your modest comment was made with sarcasm). I find you are the one always saying how you are gods gift to cleaning, not me. And the fact that you or anyone else has worked in a plant that had a moore machine is like saying someone worked for another carpet cleaner with a truckmount~ it means little to nothing at all in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I find your insights well thought out and your passion about rug knowledge admirable. I usually try to read everything you post to increase my own knowledge. Where I believe you take it step far is by making statements of absolute.

Ken

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
David

Many of the things we use are specially made for us, or by us, so I won't be able to answer those types of questions publicly or privately. We do use a preconditioning solution and we also use the first 2 stages of the moore as wash stations, followed by 2 rinse stations and finally the compression wringer.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Snobish..no ken I think I’ve said hi to you once at connections i don't know you well enough to call you that. But, “Getting rugs clean in a manner that allows for high production” isn’t the same as getting rugs thoroughly clean .. do you agree or disagree Ken? That’s the real issue here ken, Honestly Ken from your comments you seem to have limited experience with rug cleaning systems/styles other than that of the systems at Hagopian not talking about touring someone else’s wash plant but getting your hands dirty in one .. Right or wrong if wrong share your experiences.

I don’t consider myself a gift to anyone but I’ve been washing rugs 20+ years..not working around them, in the office actually washing them. I know what it takes to get a rug clean and what competent hand washers consider clean …..I've never seen a Moore system atain that levle perhaps yours in the the one that can ?

I don’t want to drag you through the mud and character assonate you but we've bumped heads on this topic before it pops up every once in awhile so lets put it to rest once and for all!

Here’s what we'll do. I will be at your shop after august 1st we will pull two rugs you choose one I’ll choose the other from your completed/ done rug bins. I’ll wash the two rugs my way we will photo and video the process and results …fair enough?

If I’m wrong then I’ll look like the ignorant, condescending jackass and I’ll apologize and tell everyone Yes Hagopians cleans as well as a proper hand wash plant . If I’m right then you’ll look like the token white guy married into an Armenian wash operation …Fair enough?

-We will need several local cleaners to handle the documentation of the cleaning, video, camera. Anyone local interested PM me

-I suggest after hours 6-7 PM as not to conflict with shop work but it’s up to you if you are OK during shop hours let me know.

-Let me know about any other parameters you need time constraints ect..

joe harper

Name
joe harper
THE GAUNTLET HAS BEEN THROWN.............................. :eek:

"Let the GAMES begin"..................... :wink:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'll pass on all accounts Randy. You and others can take that however you choose. I realize I let myself get a little aggitated and slung mud back at you, but I have no interest or need to justify myself or my company (which does not have a single Armenian working in it, or for it) to you or anyone else except our customers which we try to do every day. Though I don't do it every day like you do there were years where I did and I personally still clean probably a few hundred a year. My apologies for slinging mud to you and others who have read this.

Ken

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Nothing wagered nothing gained or lost. Unfortunately this topic will likely regurgitate at some time in the future it always does.

Again, I don’t hate you or think less of you or Hagopians for your wash system I simply do not believe a Moore wash system gets a rug as clean as a proper hand washing and absolutely not in a minute.

If you change your mind I’m still interested I’ll fly my fat ass out there to do this as honest and fair a comparison as possible I’ll even buy everyone involved dinner!

Sweenydog,
As for as cleaning chemicals we formulate our own wash detergent solutions. To get rugs dry we have a in-plant dry vac ..33URI coupled to a 230V compressor motor we also have “the poor man’s centrifuge” PVC pipe & a moore dry tower

DavidVB

Ken,

I see a lot of info on the wash train. Do you have a Moore duster? Is one pass usually all that is needed?

I'd like to make a trip up from Indy someday to see your plant.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yes we do David and the number of times a rug might need to be dusted is a factor of a few things such as soil load, type of soil, density and length of pile etc.

You are welcome anytime David.

Ken

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
rhyde said:
Sweenydog,
As for as cleaning chemicals we formulate our own wash detergent solutions. To get rugs dry we have a in-plant dry vac ..33URI coupled to a 230V compressor motor we also have “the poor man’s centrifuge” PVC pipe & a moore dry tower

A tahubiwhatsit? Don't understand what it is but sounds cool.. how bout some photos...?? :| :? :mrgreen:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I love the "poor man's centrifuge"- now I know you really are a rug man. We have all sorts of fun things we've built over the years to help us be more efficient and cost effective. :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom