yqa7yguq.jpg

Apply to clean carpet only?

Don't mix it or add it to prespray???

Just wondering!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Sam;

It is normally used after treating pet stains or other odors with an oxidizer/enzyme (DC Odor Attack) or just an oxidizer (DC Powder Brightener).

After treatment and rinse/extraction with Flash Extractor "spotting claw",

then the Dynacide is applied as the final step to eliminate any residual odor.

It could be applied earlier with the prespray, but since it is $46 per gallon,

I think it makes more sense to apply it after cleaning and extracting the stains.

I do have some customers who apply it quite liberally to rugs without the normal pretreatments.

Dynacide & Odor Attack Link:

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...description=1&keyword=dynacide+or+odor+attack

Larry

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I was wondering if it's like odorcide and can be added to presprays or rinses??? Without any problems or sticky residue?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Basic Odor Control 101 says you "remove the source, first".

By cleaning the carpet, before you attempt to deodorize assures that you are only using deodorizer on a scant residue, rather than the whole source.
By doing so, you use far less deodorizer, and add immensely to the effectiveness as the concentration is higher relative to a residual source.

Odorants that are added to cleaners generally should only be relied upon to impart fragrance only, and are used to save time. The exception is a product that is categorically designed to administered during cleaning, or if the odor source is already simply a scant residue.

Reactions: GCCLee

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I was wondering if it's like odorcide and can be added to presprays or rinses??? Without any problems or sticky residue?

I agree with Larry and Shawn's comments on how these products are best used. However, the chemistry of Odorcide, Hydrocide, Dynacide and so forth is similar. If you like the results from using Odorcide in that manner, then you would expect similar results from Dynacide or Hydrocide.

Name
Andy McFadden
It's not always urine odor we're after. Some homes that have lots of dog get a bad wet dog smell when carpet gets wet, adding a cide to the pre spray , hammers the smell all in one quick step. Also some times you get those jobs that have tons of little pee spots all over from the wiener dog. It's nice to just add the cide in with the pre spray and nuke the whole thing.

So I get were Sam is coming from.

Reactions: SamIam

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
A Quat only works by stopping the growth of microorganisms (bacteria & fungi).

The "Cide" products work on a much broader spectrum of odors.

It contains an odor neutralizer that binds to and absorbs odors no matter what the source.

Therefore they can work on dog hair oils, chemicals, and many other odor types.

Much more versatile products. They do cost more, but the versatility makes worth it.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom