E TES 110 users

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have an E tes unit that uses 2 regular power cords. not the dryer plug version. my unit works great but the problem is the box on the end of the cords keeps tripping after a few hours of use. I can be working on the job for several hours without issue I come back to check the job the next day and the fault is tripped, I reset it and get the green light back on and it runs fine and I come back and its tripped again. anyone else have issues with these current fault boxes on their units??

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Steve I'd contact Scott Warrington, he will let you know what's up or send you on to someone who does. It shouldn't do that, weak fuse or not drawing enough juice?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I use to have that same problem, no matter how many times I changed plugs, ran extension cords to get different circuits or what.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have two 240 volt versions. Had a cord issue and spoke with John Otero from Interlink and with the Etes and he more than helped me. I have a phone number of 727-657-1563. He is a great guy and would be the best person to help you.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Try tightening the electric cord wires on the male andfemale plugs. If they are loose it could heat up the cords, tripping the circuitbreaker.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Contact Greg Barnett at 800 660-5803 extension 217 or John Otero at 727 657-1563. Try Greg first. He is easier to reach on most days and knows the E-TES electrical components better than anyone.

Reactions: Hoody

Rodney Olson

Name
Rodney Olson
A few years ago on the older Etes 110v I had one melt the GCFI (yellow box on the end of the cord) on a job. Interlink offered to replace the cords. since I hadn't used the Etes that much. I was curiuos why it melted. With the new 12 gauge cords rated I believe at15 amps. I tested with a(volt meter) each of the the four Etes I owned two of them were brand new110v Etes (older version) and discovered that the each leg on the Etes were pulling 18 to 20+ amps per leg. I talked to my supplier about the issue and we sent the Etes's back to interlink they had to change the element to Not draw as many amps. My understand was the replace the elements with the ones that they are putting in the smart Estes 110 volt. If you have the older version Etes it could be the element in the equipment is pulling more amps then the cord is rated causing the cords to break down.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
How many amps on each cord does a Etes 110 need?

and what is realistic temp rise?

There is some variation depending upon which model you have (original, Smart Dry, Low Profile) and some variation from one unit to the next. Expect close to 13 amps on each circuit.

Temperature rise will depend upon how much air is moving through the unit. To get the greatest temp rise, operate the air mover on low speed. Temperature rise will be 25 to 27 degrees. As the air in the confined area gets warmer, you will eventually get output temps around 135 to 140 F.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom