E3 fixed!! now Xentherm oil not pumping...................

Name
George Valliant
Repaired E-3 and flushed entire system with couple gallons diesel fuel. Afterwards, put two gallons Xentherm and now No heat at all!!!

the oil isn't circulating but the E3 gets smoking hot and oil lines are ice cold. So, I rEmoved and dissasembled the Xentherm pump and it looks fine!

I'm stumped.

YOU GOT ANY IDEERS?

(btw, after reparing the E3 I used 3 can's of self priming high temp paint. E-3 looks cool but "after" pic's didn't save to the camera).

Why ain't i getting heat? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thansk!

2010-04-16095044.jpg

2010-04-16103253.jpg

2010-04-16141051.jpg

2010-04-16141104.jpg

2010-04-16141813.jpg

Name
George Valliant
I guess the Xentherm pump looks fine. Just a couple of steel gears inside.

Is it possible the pump needs rebuilding?

CC.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Start the thing up and let it run a few seconds and then pull the pump lines and see if they are getting oil....
oil is harder to get to prime then water because of how thick and slow it moves........IF......you are sure that the pump is still good.....take both lines off the pump and then take a funnel and put some oil in them and put them back on and see if it will prime....pending on the level you may have to do this a few times.........

also make sure you did not leave a valve closed......

Normally if you have to rebuild a pump it is a bearing or a seal......I have yet to see a hydraulic pump snap a gear tooth....

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
George I don't see a bleeder hole on the E-3, maybe you have air that needs blead out.

Name
George Valliant
Re: E3 fixed!! now Xentherm oil not pumping............

Got it fixed!
(has not been field tested yet).

The pump wasn't getting oil and/or it was not primed. Not 100% certain which.

When I blew threw the line above the pump, to the E-2, it felt like gelatin sludge glob was blocking it. Filter screen clean.

After firing the truck the sight glass turned black again and heat flowed . Needs another flush. I'll be placing order for MobilTherm 603 and a heat blanket from AT Monday.

The welder charged $40 and gasket material was $14.

Jim, thank you very much for your help on this project! It saved me big bucks and about 3 or 4 weeks down time.

You too Eric! Btw, the E-3 does have a vent plug. Burped her like a baby too. :-)

Thansk Mikey! This board rocks :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom