E85

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The hippie gas is $2.43/gallon here in the heartland right now. I have a Flex Fuel Ford E250 with a Cleanco PTO but have never indulged in this hippie gas. 87 octane containing 10% ethanol is $2.87. What should I run in my rig?

The Clean Machine

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have "heard" anywhere from a 10-30% drop in efficiency from e85, but who knows. Try running a couple tanks through it and see? We dont have any stations locally.

Reactions: Russ T.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It is about 10-15 percent not as efficient and regular gasoline so you must calculate that you need to get at least 20 percent or greater discount on the gas for it to be worth it.

Now if you have a vehicle that is no longer under warranty and have it tuned specifically for the e85 it will run stronger and more efficient than it did with regulus gasoline but you will have to run the e85 all the time.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Iowa slangs a shit load of e85, I was up there this weekend and almost pumped some by mistake

It's not exactly everywhere, but it's pretty easy to find. Regular Unleaded is $2.79 across the street so I haven't tried the E85 just yet.

The Clean Machine

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
30 cents difference in price and you will loose both efficiency/power and money vs normal gasoline.

Now my wife's truck is flex fuel and the only time we use e85 is when regular is , say 3.05 and e85 is 2.25. In her truck she has a 34 gallon tank so that's a $27.00 dollar difference between the e85 and regular.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
2 weeks ago at Kroger fuel station e85 was 2.05 a gallón. I can lose .5 gallón afe for a dólar pero gallón savings at fillup.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Corn prices are in the terlet right now too you would think that would have an effect.

Back
Top Bottom