Ear Plug review.

Mikey P

Administrator
These

classicfoam.jpg

work much better then these...

istockphoto_490372_isolated_earplugs.jpg

Being a Roartex owner you can trust my findings.

R

R W

Yep....when I used to take my lunchtime nap at GM, (it was 1/2 hour), I used them plain old plugs. The fancy orange one's let in too much noise. The old plugs can be a bitch to get out if you get them in too far.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I much prefer the ones on string.... some of my guys push them in too far and with nothing inside, they can still be easily removed without surgery. :lol:

Personally I like them too, as you can very quickly pull them out and drop them down the front of your shirt if Mrs homeowner walks up for conversation.

Quick in and out fitting. I'll see if I can find a photo.

John

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Another plus about the ones on a string, they can double as a piece of candy.

Just pop it in your mouth and suck on it like a lifesaver. When you're done, spit it out and its clean for the next use.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I use the ones this dude is holding in his left hand. Goes around the neck while I'm working. Takes about a second to put them on when walking out to the truck. Puts just the right amount of pressure on the plug.

20020101whichshouldibuyvo1.jpg

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
When you got to use earplugs,something is wrong...

Your telling me you have to risk eardamage to clean...

You guys got some strange problems...

I can work and talk next to my truck at all times...

My 2 cents but for 70 grand or more ,they should have some serious silencers...

Unless you want to be deaf,some day ...

Heck,how could I listen to my mp 3 player with those things on...

G

My ears have been ringing for almost 4 years now.
(over exposure to the 70's)

When it first started,I thought I would go crazy! Sounds like crickets in my head.
I have learned to control it thru intense Yoga and Transcendental Meditation excercises.
Oomm.

just kidding about the yoga & TM.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Randy, those are the same ones I buy down under in NZ but they also come as an option on a blue plastic string that glues in the ends of them.

I find them very comfortable and extremely effective at reducing noise.

I worked in a joinery shop for 6+ years and we ALWAYS wore ear protection there due to the scream of the saws running. Very high pitched and can cause damage quickly.

When ever I run my spotting machine inside I always wear them, also if I'm heading out to the van while it's running.

I don't need them inside the home if the van is far enough away.

Sometimes having plugs in your ears is a blessing with some clients.... excuse me maam, but this here machinery is a bit noisy so i'll have to wear ear protection and you may be advised to shut the door to keep the noise this end of the house. I never have to tell them they need to be on the other side of that door but they get the idea I need SPACE. :lol:

John

steve r

a local guy here is making ear plugs in the shape of spark plugs and and plug wires for around the neck. hes working with nascar to sel them at some races.i dont have a picture but they look cool.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I just wear head phone and listen to talk radio all day. Carpet cleaning is too boring and most customers leave anyway.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I picked up a set with the string at the hardware store, 25db or better.

I use them mostly for when I'm vacuuming, 30min to an hour of vacuuming and it tends to get loud! and for cleaning stairs-that stair tool really screams!!

I had the big ear protectors at first but one, they are bulky,
two, they break,
three, my ears started sweating too much in summer-dries the skin,
four, someone thought I was listening to radio or something, not as professional. Gives the image of the young kid doing janitorial with the head set blaring music.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom