Ear plugs

topnotchman

I'm thinking I should probably use some ear plugs of some sort when I fire up the machine, it just seems to damn loud, and I'm sure it isn't good long term. I start up the machine and adjust pressure, mix up some prespray hot. Having the vacuum hose hooked up is a bit better, but still seems loud. Its a 4.8 CDS, nothing overkill just seems loud. Anyone use ear protection when starting up their unit?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I don't spend more than a few seconds by my TM when it is running full speed. I'm there just to start it, adj pressure, turn it off. Any spotting agents, ect are kept on the far end of the trailer where it is much quieter.

John Watson

If I wore ear plugs, Helen would realy get pissed at me, Hell I can't hardly hear her now... And she said Our Jem is sure a lot quiter than your unit, But yours works better when ours is broke down..

Hey bub, Instead of ear plugs so you can't hear your clients, just try a pair of hearing protectors that you keep by the machine so you can wear them during your warm up period..

Name
Nate W.
topnotchman said:
yeah thats what I ment, just keep something on the truck for when you are starting it up.

Wah? Speak up, I can't hear you.... You got a lawnmower engine or pto? shiteatinggrin

A

amazingcleansc

harbor freight tools has really nice muff style over ear protectors for 3.99 before i think.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
amazingcleansc said:
harbor freight tools has really nice muff style over ear protectors for 3.99 before i think.

they do, but don't bother with regular priced $3.99 ones...they're crap (uncomfortable)
wait til the better ones go on sale for the same price.
They're the good ones.

personally, I prefer ear plugs though....they're not hot like ear muffs and they don't mess up my nice hair.... 8)

Harbor Freight has the foam type plugs ....on sale often for 99 cents for a box of ten.
They're the best as far as decibel level protection and most folks find them comfortable.
I myself prefer the flange type plugs on a string.
The string makes 'em easy on and off and always there around your neck.
I buy mine at Marcs...two pair for 59 cents

..L.T.A.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Speaking of ear plugs and going deaf.........................

I remember many years ago when I had my ex on the back of my bike...............

Cruisin' down the highway when a cop pulled me over. :oops:

"You know yer old lady fell off ten miles back"??

"Bloody hell, thank Hewey for that, I thought I'd gone deaf".

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shorty Down Under said:
Speaking of ear plugs and going deaf.........................

I remember many years ago when I had my ex on the back of my bike...............

Cruisin' down the highway when a cop pulled me over. :oops:

"You know yer old lady fell off ten miles back"??

"Bloody hell, thank Hewey for that, I thought I'd gone deaf".

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I always wore earplugs around any TM
My hearing is precious....Tenitus (sp) sucks from what I hear.

Something like this is quick and easy

EarPlugs.jpg

10 seconds in front of a loud TM is too much time to not have ear plugs in.

I didn't think this was even an arguement.

Billy

Name
BH
We have used many different kinds of ear protection products over the years but now use a high quality full ear muff style & replace them every 4 - 6 mths. I look at it as we are around the equipment daily so we should protect our hearing the best we can.

We also wear ear protection when using loud tools around the house.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
You want to blast your ears then stand in front of my Judson with the 30HP motor. The guys fight over who gets to have their ears bleed they like it so much..
Al

K

kaglan90

Your ears are one of those things you don't want to mess around with. Hurt your hearing and it won't ever come back.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I wear something like Brian posted. Put 'em around my neck when I get out of truck. They're on until drive off. Any time I walk close to the TM, they go into play. Takes one second and becomes habit.

I have tinnitus, and yes, it does suck.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Dirk, you need your phone number and email at the top of your first page of your website. !gotcha!

Sorry to "hear" about your tinnitus. I thought I had it at one time and it scared the hell out of me. I was a pretend rock star at one time.

The guys in the band would crank up their equipment to high heaven and then put in ear plugs. I never understood why they just didn't turn the equipment down. Go figure.

Has your tinnitu ever gotten any better?

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
I keep these beside the tm, put them on before the unit is fired up and wear into the job, toss them in the bucket buddy and put them back on whenever I need to go out to the van.

H6B_v.jpg

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Brian, the tinnitus is constant. I've had it since I can remember and it hasn't ever gotten better. The only time I don't hear it is when I'm sleeping. It sucks, but it's just part of life. It actually drives some folks crazy.....literally.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dirk said:
Brian, the tinnitus is constant. I've had it since I can remember and it hasn't ever gotten better. The only time I don't hear it is when I'm sleeping. It sucks, but it's just part of life. It actually drives some folks crazy.....literally.

Yes, I've heard that and spoke with a few that have it. Nothing nice.
After learning of it, I knew I didn't want it.

I would imagine it would be similar to that ringing in your ears after a loud concert...like Slayer. lol

They have a product on TV that is supposed to work...and it's on TV..so it must be true. !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom