Easy up sells...

-JB-

Name
JB
Was doing a job for a custy last week, threw some skidders under the sofa n love seat to scoot them around a bit, the custy was like
" wow, where can I get some of those?" (yes she was older, apparently NEVER watches QVC, and lived in the sticks,) NONETHELESS...

When I finished up I said I would just need to grab my skidders, block the pieces n I'd be done, she says "well ya can leave them slider things!"

so I got to thinkin, hmmmm? Ivebeensold "Okay" I said, "would you like to buy them?"
:?:
"How much?"

"well, how about $5 ea?"

"SURE! Let me get the cash!" :!:

256% mark-up, not bad, I thinks I gots me a new add-on! :mrgreen:

Could have made more, but I gave her a couple "free" cause I'm such a swell guy. !gotcha!

Stopped at the next two Ace Hardware stores I passed and cleared out the shelves. shiteatinggrin

I'll be buying that island in the Bahamas before you know it!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
LOL- I just wiped out the dollar store- they had 4 packs of skidders for $1.99. They don't have any left now. !gotcha!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Bait and Swith! Bait and Switch! Those should be included! Wait- No- you are price gouging! that's it- Price gouging- making the entire industry look bad.
Just kidding- great idea! shiteatinggrin

-JB-

Name
JB
J,

Are they "good" ones? Many I've seen don't work very well, esp the cheap ones.

the ones I been using are at Ace, as I said, ya get like 8 for $12.99 or so.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just posted this idea about a week ago.

Only difference was just adding it into the price and leaving them behind...positive moment of truth.

!gotcha!

-JB-

Name
JB
Yeah, yeah, yeah, did I say it was an original idea?

NO! :roll:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Vinnie said:
256% markup talk about rippen somebody off.
And a little old lady to boot. Shame on you.

she didn't have to go out in the cold and snow
so she didn't fall and break her hip .
so she didn't get a staff infection while in the hospital

JB saved her a long painful recovery...perhaps even DEATH.. :shock:

isn't THAT worth something...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
OMG!

WHAT A BUNCH OF NARCISSISTS!

Okay, can anyone pre-date Jeremy on this?

I DON'T want him getting any credit for this!

Name
Nate W.
I got the ones Ron Werner turned me on too. I've had customers ask for my lift buddy with the sliders too. I've thought about offering the sliders but then didn't do anything after. It may be used more then the gandi groomer. :twisted:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
JB said:
OMG!

WHAT A BUNCH OF NARCISSISTS!

Okay, can anyone pre-date Jeremy on this?

I DON'T want him getting any credit for this!

Re: 4 1/2" sets of sliders, what do you retail for?
Posted By Gary R. Heacock on 6/24/2000 at 3:20 AM
I retail them for $15.00 per set. I get the entire spiff.

Ernie- and others- to get your techs to WANT to sell them, give them a commission on sales. Without that old profit motive- literally nothing gets sold.

I sell an average of 20 sets a month. My best month was 43 sets. But that did include 2 customers who bought 6 sets each. A set for beds, desks, sofas and coffee tables.

Works for me.

Gary

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've sold quite a few grandi groomers. Don't mark them up or carry them on the truck. When a customer asks for one I get it the next time I'm at the supplier's then drop it off to him or her.

A customer asked me for a couple of corner guards a few weeks ago!? Don't know what she will do with them, but I got them for her.

-JB-

Name
JB
Re: 4 1/2" sets of sliders, what do you retail for?
Posted By Gary R. Heacock on 6/24/2000 at 3:20 AM
I retail them for $15.00 per set. I get the entire spiff.

Ernie- and others- to get your techs to WANT to sell them, give them a commission on sales. Without that old profit motive- literally nothing gets sold.

I sell an average of 20 sets a month. My best month was 43 sets. But that did include 2 customers who bought 6 sets each. A set for beds, desks, sofas and coffee tables.

Works for me.

Gary

blowme dude, that's gonna be RTB!

goodonya! !gotcha!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Johnny said:
A customer asked me for a couple of corner guards a few weeks ago!? Don't know what she will do with them, but I got them for her.

When they ask for a pimped out titanium wand with a GreenGlide and 18 flow you better start getting worried.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Art Kelley said:
Johnny said:

When they ask for a pimped out titanium wand with a GreenGlide and 18 flow you better start getting worried.

...until they hear what it costs

-JB-

Name
JB
ehhh, their not THAT expensive...

cones.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Brian Wrote:

I've got yee a grand idea. Thou canst puteth yee sliders under the seats so that they can moveth thine furniture easier hense forth we can leave them there and over charge thou custy
300 B.C.

So Nyahhh!

Chris A

Name
Chris
Brian R said:
Brian Wrote:

I've got yee a grand idea. Thou canst puteth yee sliders under the seats so that they can moveth thine furniture easier hense forth we can leave them there and over charge thou custy
300 B.C.

So Nyahhh!

LOL!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
JB said:
ehhh, their not THAT expensive...

cones.jpg

Those "corner guards" look like traffic cones cut in half. Do they stay in place better than store-bought corner guards?

-JB-

Name
JB
Yep, cones cut n half, (another idea stolen from a fellow MB'er) like $3.50 ea.
I will say they stay in place AT LEAST as well as the "real" ones, maybe a bit better, bigger might help with
that though, custys get a kick out of them, more so than the "real" ones.

Its sort of like the cheap gloves Subway uses, yeah, they could afford the "good" ones, but the lack of the emplyee fumbling with them won't attract as much customer attention, lending to give the custy the impression, or feeling you really care about their home/belongings.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I started using Slide Glides, can buy them at Home Dep or Walmart(sometimes) $10/4pack. I've got over $300 worth of sliders at home on the shelf,don't slide worth a darn, $80 for 4!

I was going to sell them but then I would have needed to start collecting sales tax. Now that we have Harmonized tax I can keep some on hand and sell them. Clients are amazed at how easy furn is to move.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom