Educate me on your rinse

Name
Andy McFadden
I've most always run fresh water for rinse, I did try a gallon of end zone a while back, didn't notice any difference in cleaning. I'm considering trying other stuff. Basicaly looking for a little edge in cleaning , but also would like to leave carpets feeling soft and clean.

I did a little searching and the two that seem to be popular are formula 90 and dry slury. I'm guessing I would notice a boost in cleaning with these and maybe not have to pre spray the whole carpet hit the dirty areas?

. But I wonder if either of these products will be leaving the carpets feeling stiff, or promote resoil.

Would love to hear imput on these two products, or just tell me what you use and why you like it. Maybe I'll try something you like instead.
Thanks!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've been using Bridgepoint's Point Blue Emulsifier for years and really like it. I mix it a little weak so it dissolves completely in the jug and set the meter low (2ish). Carpet is left soft and stays clean.

Russ

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if you sell Scotchguard or other protectants, it won't much matter..cause it'll be "stiff" anyway

Dryslurry is a premium product.
here's the thing though, you don't HAVE to use as much as they suggest.
You have a flow meter right?
simply adjust accordingly depending on soil conditions

truth is, there's not much concern about resoil issues with most of the "quality" emulsifiers (like Dry Slurry)
It;s the pre-sprays that aren't easily rinsed out (or aren't thoroughly flush/rinse extracted) that causes the lion's share of rapid resoil problems

here's another truth...just a "little bit" of Dry Slurry (or other quality product) will help rinse pre-spray BETTER than plain water alone

and one more final truth..
the guys that advocate clear water rinse , are the guys that have chem pumps that DON'T WORK

.L.T.A.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We almost always use fresh water rinse. It is very far between that we use a rinse, that being said we have rinse on all the trucks. We do find there are some jobs that it is either safer or required to use a rinse.

We use high heat high flow rinse out the prespray which must help eliminate wicking issues.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
If you have a water softener in your home, you know how difficult it can be to rinse the soap and shampoo off you. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the same thing is happening when we run soft water through our trucks without a rinse agent. I think its under trained techs that run lots of "soap" through their trucks that give this stuff a bad name. Like I said before, carpet is left VERY soft and bright. Ive guaranteed that for years.

Russ

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We use high heat high flow rinse out the prespray which must help eliminate wicking issues.

nope
what causes wicking is pi55 poor technique
and high flow will only compound problems for an operator with with pi55 poor technique

and you don't know as you ought to know if you think clear water rinses pre-sprays better than a good rinse solution

..L.T.A.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i understand ph larry but i am telling you out of 300 jobs a year, we use a rinse maybe on 7-10 jobs. if we were having wicking issues or even crunchy or not soft carpet issues, i am pretty sure i would of recieved at least a complaint by now.

remember our process leaves the carpet dry to the touch before we leave, which all but eliminates wicking.

Name
Don
I have been using fiber plus for over 15 years and even then i only use what i have to. I use a enzyme prespray with a little poimt blue to help it mix so i don't have sludge in the bottom. But customers are always impressed when they feel a soft fiber after it has dried. I try to treat my good customers like i would my own home.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
i understand ph larry but i am telling you out of 300 jobs a year, we use a rinse maybe on 7-10 jobs. if we were having wicking issues or even crunchy or not soft carpet issues, i am pretty sure i would of recieved at least a complaint by now.

remember our process leaves the carpet dry to the touch before we leave, which all but eliminates wicking.

Mike, you might be missing my point.
obviously you and yours have good cleaning technique .

wicking has always been a VERY RARE occurrence for us too.
and I've run plain water rinse over the years too.
I convinced myself it was better too (when MY chem feed didn't work right)

wicking is caused by not getting the gunk out.
Not the use or absence juice in the rinse

You just happen to be flushing well and doing great work
But you'll flush/rinse better with a "bit" of good juice in the rinse ..and no, I'm not talking about the anti-wicking pixie dust gunk they're selling to poor technique cleaners
as simple as a 1/3 dilute rate quality emulsifier (like Slurry) will improve the rinse cycle

..L.T.A.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
We used to use end zone in our porty days. Although after going to a TM with a nuvo water softener. As well as switching to a better pre spray. We no longer needed the rinse additives. If its a heavy soiled job a light mist of encap follows.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Here's my take on rinses. I don't use them, I have played with them some. Contrary to the other poster I feel the water softener is the key. When we lived in Winchester and had a WS my rugs would always come out "soft" to the touch. When we sold and moved to Lex, I did rugs for a year before we installed a new WS and rugs always came out stiff. Once the WS was installed rugs once again come out soft. So with this observation I choose not to incur the extra expense of the rinses. Right or wrong that's my take. Also, we observed the appearance of soap film when doing that large tile & grout job this past summer when we ran out of our 225 gals of softened water and used the customers water to finish up that day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom