Either This Way or That.........

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
A question I was pondering today while cleaning a funeral home. 6000 sf, mostly open areas, chairs for morners stacked on racks, so only couches and bigger chairs against the wall.
Two experienced cleaners.
Carpet moderately soiled, more so from the door to the sign in book, then to the casket. Now......

Do you.....

1) Dual wand with each cleaner doing his own thing.....pre-spraying, tabbing and blocking (old home with old furniture, no nylon buttons on legs).......

or.....

2) Set up one worker running the Cimex loaded with pre-spray, hitting the really soiled areas, moving anything in the way along the walls, while the other just extracts non-stop. Most areas required only one cleaning stroke and a dry stroke.
(We would switch off jobs every 1/2 hour or so)

We chose the Cimex for laying down the pre-spray. The new owners were impressed with the way the Cimex picked up the nap and the Ti Wand extracted. They said the last couple of cleaners just ran with the wand and complained the whole time.
( You're there to clean and make a buck....why would you accept the job and then complain?)

I think we had 5-6 hours with setup and a few little breaks to clean out vac filter in the Thermalwave. I'm thinking we would have had just as much time dual wanding and setting the wands down to move the little bit of furniture, then move back and tab.

I know, I know.....if I was Ashley, I could have dual Zippered it with his Vortex and been done in 2 hours.

Reactions: tmdry

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Were there any........

Ded People. ?

Yes......not while we were cleaning, but when I was measuring for square footage, the "embalmer" or what ever they are called, was setting up a casket and doing a little "fix up" with the makeup. As for square footage, this place had nice ceiling tiles, 2x4's, which made measuring a snap. Count up the tiles and ....walaa....you have your square footage.

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Dang thats a great Idea!

Still in the looking down faze here so : )

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
As for square footage, this place had nice ceiling tiles, 2x4's, which made measuring a snap. Count up the tiles and ....walaa....you have your square footage.

I always count the ceiling tiles on large rooms but got stung once.
After cleaning a large building once and going way over the estimated time
with no clue as to why, found out the ceiling was custom 2 1/2' X 5' blocks. Never noticed.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins

I never knew about the Kobalt but for the price is worth the shot, looks like the same tool but different name?

Looks like the extech extends another 50 feet or so out, so it'll be for time consuming for long hallways in common areas.

I found the extech one for half price new on eBay.

Sure comes handy when measuring rooms in homes, click/click/click/done, next room, customers are like "wow I need one of those".

It'll add the square footage and cubic footage on it too.

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Lol, all you guys can think about is the fact he never signed the guest book

: )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom