EL DIABLO truck mount

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I was very impressed at a local dist demo.

The first time they came out with it I could see it had too much vibration and they seemed to have fixed that.

G

I think the newer models are the way to go.....I saw pics of one on the net that had caught on fire, but no idea who's fault it was. I've talked to about 3 guys with them and they all love them. Super high heat and lots of vac....

CarpetKING

I've had one for about 8 months and love it. Plenty of vacuum and a ton of heat. Simple design too.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I saw one at a distributor here (it was on the floor), and was impressed with the way it looked (fit and finish).

Now that it has the on-board electrical generator for the fuel burner's power, it is one hot truckmount.

I've read positive posts on BBS forums from actual owner's, with no negative comments.

Bjorn

in your 8 months how many hours, have you had any down time with your machine, any glitches or hiccups

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I see what "appears" to be some Ralph Bloss/Steamway/Powermatic influence on the El-D

were any of the designers associated w/Steamway at one time?

also, i have that same Italian kero heater in my garage .
I used it on the frankinmount I built years ago

I had some issues with the igniters .
They were arching where they weren't supposed to and it caused unreliable ignition.
I got that squared away eventually

If someone wants this burner, make me an offer ..I'll sell it cheap
shipping probably won't be cheap though, it weighs 90+ pounds

..L.T.A.

DavidVB

Brent from old Steamway is their tech guy. He is a really good guy. I can't even remember how many times he helped me keep my Powermatics running.

The Preacher

Hippy Steve in Omaha has one i think? I hear JiMMys has heat envy and won't look Steve in the eye!!! :shock:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
What I never understood is they use a kerosene/diesel water heater but a gasoline engine. Why not make it alot easier to fill it up and put a small diesel motor on it as well. Put in a larger belly mount or van side fuel tank and Make it easier to fill up rather than worrying about filling two seperate fuels. Just me being curious.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sweendogg said:
What I never understood is they use a kerosene/diesel water heater but a gasoline engine. Why not make it alot easier to fill it up and put a small diesel motor on it as well. Put in a larger belly mount or van side fuel tank and Make it easier to fill up rather than worrying about filling two seperate fuels. Just me being curious.

I can tell you why I would never do that......cause burning diesel STINKS ...literally
Kero (K-1) is much cleaner and doesn't have the same obnoxious smell as dirty/sooty diesel .
Also, the burners are much more reliable when cooking kero.
They don't get caked with soot in a short time either

Diesel motors also stink...literally

yes, dual fuels can be a bit of a PITA, but fortunately, K-1 isn't hard to find year round in Ohio

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I figured that would be the answer.. just seems with as many leaps and bounds in technology with Diesel engines, they would have invested some money and time on created decent diesel burners and small engines as well.

Greenie

If you want ONE fuel on a fuel burner...I'd just use a LPG powered Kohler with Factory LPG kit, and a #4 Little Giant heater.

Only reason you don't see more this way is because in a standard van, the LPG Tank capacities are limited.....Box trucks are a totally different animal, as would be a trailer unit.

Plus...the engine would run forever, it might even challenge the lifespan of a diesel....and you would be eco-friendly...you could even swing that into your marketing.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Now that’s some Green thinking (unlike those super high flow wands :lol: )
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a LPG van. I have seen LPG pickup. Arizona was offering a tax credit for them a few years ago. Other than finding fuel, LPG everything would be great.

CarpetKING

Odin I have had about half of a day of downtime since I bought the machine. The lovejoy coupler broke and had to be replaced - only problem so far. Still looks and runs like it did when new.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom