El Dorado Hills and Granite Bay folks are Beverly Hillbillies that want stone polishing for $1 a sqft

Name
Lyon
After losing a dozen bids. I’m thinking of using zoom and having the price shopper use a razor blade to test for wax and floor finish. I know 2 of the cleaners that bid $6 to $7 a square foot to, strip finish, probably mop in glow, scrapped of easily, thin coat. Customer said she worked in the stone flooring industry, knows that what it should look like, wants floor honed. And over a few hundred holes filled with matching filler, no black or clear. 2,220 square feet. Probably a 5 to 7 day job. Called her husband today, told me another guy wanted $15k. A stupid contractor told her it should cost $1 a square foot.
( I hate contracors that try cut corners and underbid work ). I told the customer that I get $2 a square foot just to clean and seal, 1 days work and that his job will take a week, so you’ll have to multiple that by 5. 323D04E9-7552-4F8B-B7CA-FD06ADF4320F.jpeg D588E108-F074-4263-98FA-CCEF6DA1EDA3.jpeg FAC594A6-4CD5-4DF7-B631-73D97F26DFED.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey P

Administrator
If it's just one or two coats of a cheap water base topical and there's no furniture and no risk of damaging baseboards, a buck a foot to clean it with a stripper and a malish brush assuming you have a helper or you can get one would be a reasonable price as it may not take very long at all and that would probably hone it in the process

but if they also want the holes filled at that price, yeah, no

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom