Electric hose reel

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Pros are all self evident.

Cons:

• Price
  • Like anything both mechanical and electrical- more things that can go wrong.
  • Takes a little more space.
  • Less configuration possibilities inside your van

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Cleanco and Hydramaster (maybe others) have an awesome all in one system with electric reel(s) and 120 gallon fresh tank. Looks like it saves a TON of room in the van. I will be looking hard at the Cleanco (will match my compact 47) in the Spring. These things are as spendy as they are AWESOME! My combo reel (pressure and fresh hose) is shot and I think it's time for an upgrade ;-)

The Clean Machine

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
a lot is going to depend on the size reel you want and how it is made...

this is a electric Sapphire reel....it holds 300 foot of 2 inch hose....motor is mounted in the back and does not stick out any further then the reel it's self so no extra space was lost........

P9290960_zpsd72b3f23.jpg

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
That's a nice set up Jim. I remember the pics of the other side by the machine too. These combo reel and tanks look pretty cool too. I would be mounting it right up against my PTO. It leaves the entire back wide open for shelves, sprayers, vac, spinner, Cimex on occasion, etc... I don't think I will come off $4500 for one though. That seems to be the going rate.

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
That looks like a nice option Larry. I imagine the controls are separate for vac and solution, right? How hard for install? What does shipping look like to Iowa? Any solutions for fresh water hose storage? I have a live reel that's kind of nice for filling my tank but it sticks really bad. Usually when I replace something, I try to upgrade at the same time. The current reel I'm having trouble with is a dual solution/fresh reel. I'd have to figure out what to do with my fresh hose. I could use my current vac hose reel for storing extra 2" hose maybe on the wall or ceiling in my garage... Thanks.

The Clean Machine

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Russ;

Only the Vac Reel is electric.

On double reels just roll the fresh water hose over the solution line.

You only need 3/8" fresh water line to supply 3 GPM.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
all positive

only neg is reeling off the last bit of hose , when needed , takes a bit more effort

another consideration is you mount farther back, and mount switch up front, allowing more valuable space

Buck1955

Name
John
When electric reels first came out I remember saying to my disty how a $1,000 reel was carzy but after using it, I would have paid more. I hate my new Cleanco reels, the factory screwed up and welded the solution brackets too far to the right. You cant use the handle at all because there is not room between the reel and machine, there's also no way to stop the reel from free falling (no tension).

hogjowl

Idiot™
all positive

only neg is reeling off the last bit of hose , when needed , takes a bit more effort

another consideration is you mount farther back, and mount switch up front, allowing more valuable space

How can it be all positive, if it has an "only negative'?

This is why mfg's think all cleaners are stoopid.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Problem free and haven't touched it(well it blew the breaker about ten times from pushing it too hard) for 4 years..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Larry's reel is really nice..I run one on the Judson..it's pretty high quality and we are very happy with it..great price in my opinion too

We use it 4-5 times a day 5 days a week..not a single problem..knocking on wood now lol

Name
Kevin McCreary
I had the owner of Rocan reels tell me that he has never had an electric reel that he knows of fail on him since they have been making them. I want to say that's well over 10 years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Don't stop at just a electric reel get a water pond and have it all.
We have them in all our trucks. The guys love them.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bet they do love them Tom. I've never used one but I've rolled hose up thousands of times now and I think I'm ready for it!

The Clean Machine

Back
Top Bottom