Electric reel on water pond quit working (some of time)

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
On my water pond the electric reel will work for about a week or so, then quits for another week or so. Obviously there must be a short or something. Anyone have any luck figuring this out????

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
This is where my lack of mechanical ability really shines. I don't know Jim, I've had water pond since about 2006 and never done a thing with it, so if it had the POS breaker/fuse on it then it still would. Where is it located?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
This is where my lack of mechanical ability really shines. I don't know Jim, I've had water pond since about 2006 and never done a thing with it, so if it had the POS breaker/fuse on it then it still would. Where is it located?

normally they are located on the front panel...some have them attached straight to what ever they run....

images_zpsce4f80d3.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It wouldn't be a breaker if it works intermediately. Wiring is ****ed or loose connection somewhere.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
very well could be....everyone uses these.....but after awhile of heat and constant vibration they lose there ability to hold....and they stick open and closed.....

never the less...if he has them...it is where the power starts and it is a good trouble shooting place to begin.........

Able 1

Name
Keith
After 7 years I would bet that it is a rusty connection, but also check to make sure the wires are in good shape..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I like the push button breaker.. What's a better alternative? Mine pops maybe 4 times a year when I really push it. I use one like this:
http://www.hannay.com/store/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=9917-0023

in about the last 6 years....I forget how many guys have called me and we traced it down to one of those breaker/fuses....and it is usually on a older model...
normally heat and vibration over time... weakens them out......or it very well could be rust....I have always been a fan of blade fuses......

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I'll dig into this tomorrow morning. Thanks Jim and everyone. At least I have a better idea what to look for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom