Electric vs Hydroforce.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
What is the main differences between these 2 sprayers?

Act like you are talking to a 5 year old that has never cleaned carpets...Simple and Basic differences....ha...

Does hydroforce only work with metered truck mounts and machines. Because if you are using rinse in your cleaning water every time after you pre-spray you have to go out and turn the meter back on for your rinse or detergent?...Remember sorry if stupid questions...Talkin to a porty only guy folks. Otherwise your solution line to the hydroforce has rinse in it if it is not metered seperate for solution.

Thanks.

Jordan

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Well, Ideally you would want to turn your rinse off at the truck especially if you are using an acid rinse as the acid will neutralize the prespray slightly. Then turn it back on when you extract. However, I have found, as have many others I'm sure, that leaving the rinse on doesnt affect the prespray too much at all as the dilution of rinse is so little. So that being said I shut mine off but if I forget then I usually cant tell.
I have never used a battery sprayer but I just picked up a multisprayer for situations where they would be more convenient, such as having a helper spray ahead of me on a large commercial job. I also plan on using it for scotchgard as the metering on the Hydroforce isnt very good.
While doing apartment work I'll probably still use the hydroforce because they put out a ton of juice very quickly and some of the nasties really need to be hosed down. :D

Walt

If you are using a portable - (solus 500 from your profile) I would definitely go with the electric. For my TM the hyrdoforce is great. But for the porty ( I have a solus 500 too) the electric is just better. You obviously can't turn the rinse off to run the hydro. Plus you will have to refill the Solus sooner as well.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I'm looking at a Re-Coil XPS 3 right now also...Will have TM down the road.

??

Rex Tyus

jstucky said:
What is the main differences between these 2 sprayers?

Act like you are talking to a 5 year old that has never cleaned carpets...Simple and Basic differences....ha...

Does hydroforce only work with metered truck mounts and machines. Because if you are using rinse in your cleaning water every time after you pre-spray you have to go out and turn the meter back on for your rinse or detergent?...Remember sorry if stupid questions...Talkin to a porty only guy folks. Otherwise your solution line to the hydroforce has rinse in it if it is not metered seperate for solution.

Thanks.

Jordan

Thre is absolutely no good reason to turn off the rinse with a HF. The difference the rinse makes is "negligible".

Battery sprayers are for furniture and applying protector, where ratio accuracy is of more significance. That being said if you have wicked heat the HF is useless. I have the ability to run at 2 different temps so it works good for me.

Mikey P

Administrator
jstucky said:
I'm looking at a Re-Coil XPS 3 right now also...Will have TM down the road.

??

look REAL hard and make sure you see and use on in person.

Open it up and pretend you have to work on it as well.

as a prior owner, that's the best advice I can give.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I dumped the hydro force and now use the electric multi sprayer

I think the have/had a low pressure model for portables but why bother, see Walt's coments

do you really need to coat the carpet twice with prespray

multi sprayer works better for a 2 person crew, dulition ratio is accurate, hot prespray isn't what it is made out to be especially since you use agiation

not sure why you would want to spend money on another portable and then buy a TM, doesn't seem logical. I have already went there and you will be wasting money

If you look at another portable I would talk to Greenie about his, in about 3 months you should see some pretty good deals on slightly used equipment

Lonny

Supportive Member
steve frasier said:
I dumped the hydro force and now use the electric multi sprayer

I think the have/had a low pressure model for portables but why bother, see Walt's coments

do you really need to coat the carpet twice with prespray

multi sprayer works better for a 2 person crew, dulition ratio is accurate, hot prespray isn't what it is made out to be especially since you use agiation

not sure why you would want to spend money on another portable and then buy a TM, doesn't seem logical. I have already went there and you will be wasting money

If you look at another portable I would talk to Greenie about his, in about 3 months you should see some pretty good deals on slightly used equipment

Expecting a hard, cold, winter?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
not me, but by the way things are I am sure quite a few are not going to make it

in addition to the above comments, once you go out and turn the meter off it will take awhile for the solution hose to empty of the rinse chemical then when you go turn the meter back on it will take a while for the rinse chemical to get to the wand

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom