Elmer Fud.

FredC

Village Idiot
The elmer site tells you to leave a warm wet rag on its.......

there ya go
http://www.elmers.com/about/faqs/clean-up-solutions

If a few drops of Elmer's Glue-All or Elmer's School Glue falls on the carpet while repairing a household item or creating a project, and has dried, use these few easy steps to help clean it up.

Take a clean dry cloth and soak it in warm water.

Apply the soaked cloth directly to the glue stain and press down until you feel the glue has softened.

This may take some time, but after it's softened, the glue can easily be wiped up with a clean, dry cloth.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Look who is on the bottle. A happy cow. Except she wasn't happy when they made it.

Heat (as mentioned above), a protein spotter (or Power Gel/Avenge Pro) agitation, dwell time, HWE.

Cursing helps

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Cut the piece out, put a patch in and take the glue piece home “to work on it in the shop.” Carefully place it in your trash recepticle and let the city carry it off to the local landfill.
Collect your check.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Try rubbing alcohol. Its what we use for slime, which is glue based.. but it will also take lots of time, agitation and extract, and repeat steps.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
12 hour old but dried white glue in carpet..

Wouldnt you think a 360i-BH would be able to melt it out?

Nada.
Take a clean dry cloth and soak it in warm water. Apply the soaked cloth directly to the glue stain and press down until you feel the glue has softened. This may take some time, but after it's softened, the glue can easily be wiped up with a clean, dry cloth. This may take hours.

This is why I tell the customer no. I walked on a huge dried slime mess the other day because of this situation. I just can't commit hours of my time to removing it. I recommended cutting it out if she wanted me to fix it.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
how cute, another pre-baby boomer didn't have woodshop in intermediate or high school and thus played with alaphatic glues.....

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
hint, they are very tough after drying hence not meant to be f...ing dribbled on textiles. nice to hear your challenges in "real" homes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom